Backstory on The Tower

[Husk Pov]

Why did I do that...
How did he know that...

I'd never wanted Angel to find out. Not via someone else , at least. Those days are filled with narcissism , arrogance and ignorance. Yeh , I had the power to match any overlord these days , but I used it for vile things. I regret it.

Taking a deep drag of my cigarette I sighed , my eyes wondering carelessly over the city below me.

When I'd stormed out I'd just flown , I have no clue where in hell I was right now. Just that I was on the roof of a tall dark reddish black building , conscious eyes covering it , watching the sinners below.

I knew I needed to go back , I knew there would be consequences when I did. I honestly didn't care right now, Al could do anything he wants and it wouldn't make me feel any worse than I did right now.

When he spoke it , my former Title , it was like a violent punch to the gut...repeated punches even, memories of the monster I once was flooded back with such aggression I don't remember even leaving the hotel , just flying.

"Way to play it cool , husk" I murmur , stumping my cigarette out on the ground, my fur moving about in the cool breeze. The sky had started to become dark as night crept up on the hellscape.

Hugging myself , I hung my head , ears lay flat and eyes closed , a single tear rolling.

He's going to hate me...

"Jesus Christ , Husk! there you are!" A familiar female voice called out to me , the flapping of wings accompanied it.

Looking towards the voice the familiar purple woman flew towards me , her hair and bow dancing wildly in the wind created by her wings.

"Charlie has been worried sick! You can't just leave without telling anyone! You really need to learn that your actions have-"

"You Know More about the overlord than most , right?" I interrupted , my eyes gone back to looking ahead. I heard her land and walk towards me.

"Uh...yeh? Why..? Is everything ok hu-" she seemed confused by my question , sitting herself down beside me.

Interrupting her again , I spoke. "What do you know of the Solider of Fortune." My voice quiet, monotone.

"Um... I knew he was one of the big shots that got taken down by Al.
He materialised in hell and began slicing through demons with ease , only making deals with those he could use to his advantage.
Keeping slaves for his casino tables , slaughtering those who even tried to step out of line.
He was only stopped when Al won a game of poker against him , most assume he was slaughtered and added to Als podcast..that's about the rough summery anyway..why?"

"And that is what most of hell knows?" I sighed , putting a clawed hand through my forehead fur. Vaggie nodded , watching me.

"Husk , why did you leave? Is there anything me or Charlie can do to make it better for you?" Her tone softened , as she gingerly placed a hand on my shoulder. I shrug and look into her eyes.

"...can you change the past?" With a gentle whisper I spoke , ears pinning further back and my eyes starting to become watery.

"What do you mean , Chang-... husk." Realisation dawned on the ex-angels face ,her eyes seemingly widen with fear and she took her hand off me. "Husk , Your The Solid-"

"Solider of fortune , yeh. Once a big scary overload . Now a pathetic drunk.." I sigh and look down again. "Someone told Angel. I got overwhelmed."

There was a long silence as Vaggie processed the information. I sigh and get up , stretching my wings out wide , ready to head back.

"Husk. We accept you, all of us. Angel included. You're not the only one with a long list of deaths under their name... forgetting your past with alcohol isn't healthy.. trust me when I say there are better ways , and we're all here to help you."

She spoke gently , getting up and patting my shoulder , I give a wary smile down at her , her giving one back.

Vaggie was never one for words . Choosing actions to show her support, which I could relate to. She would always attempt to be friendlier to me though , as she knew I was there against my will.

"S'pose we would get back , so my ass can be beat by the Radio Dickhead." I sigh gently . Shrugging and lifting myself off the ground , my large crimson wings carrying me with ease. She nodded and rose from the ground herself.

"I.. won't tell anyone anything , husk don't worry." She smiled , as flew on ahead , knowing the way back to the hotel. I followed , my mind still focused on what to tell Angel.