His Protector

[ANGEL POV]

It's been hours..
where could he be?

Vaggie had gone out looking for him an hour or so ago , as she was the only other winged being in the hotel, and we all suspected he'd flown off,

Charlie was manning the bar , though I could tell she was stressed out of her mind , worried about both husk and Vaggie. Her long black painted nails tapping the counter nervously. I'd tried to reassure her , but I'd been just as worried and it was starting to show.

"I'm sure Vag Will find him soon, Charlie."

I gave her a wary smile , to which she just sighed and left the bar, walking towards the windows facing out into hell. "What if she doesn't though. I don't want Alastor to force him back.."

After a few moments silence , the frown on Charlie's face changed into a beaming smile as she bounced excitedly. "ANGEL! They're back!"

She ran to the door , pulling it open with ease. I followed out , relieved.

The duo fluttered down from the sky , landing gently and closing their wings. Charlie bolted to husk , hugging him tightly, his face uncomfortably surprised. "HUSK YOUR OK I WAS SO WORRIED!!"

"Uh...yeh.. just needed a breather, princess , I'm good" he awkwardly petted her on the head , looking to Vaggie for help with her girlfriend.

"Common hun , give husk space. You know he isn't the touchy feely type" she slowly peeled Charlie off and held her hand. Vaggie nodded at husk , leading Charlie into the hotel.

I watched on , unsure what to say, as this transpired. Once Vaggie and Charlie had gone inside I stepped forward. "Husk.. I'm sorry I-"

"Who told you." His golden cat eyes looking at mine , his voice deep but cracking gently , as if he'd been crying.

"Uh- Nifty.." I stammered , rubbing the back of my head , hugging myself with my lower arms.

"I should have guessed...don't worry , I'm not upset with you , I just hadta think." He gave a gentle smile as he walked towards me , placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh thank god , I was terrified I'd messed up-"

"You did. Don't ever call me that again, unless you wanna see the business end of my claws. Got it" he half turned showing his claws , sharp and threatening.

"Gotcha" I said with a small chuckle , turning and following the winged demon into the hotel. He went straight behind the bar, opening a drink and pouring it into a glass for me, pushing it in the direction of my Favourite bar stool.

Sitting down and taking a sip , I watched husk , his usual frown seemed deeper. His ears pinned slightly , and wings sagged slightly.  "Hey. You ok?"

"Als mad isn't he.." he mumbled , looking towards me, his eyes glazed over with fear. I nodded gingerly. "Fuck sake , guess I'll have to use those army skills on myself , ey?" He forced an awkward smile at me.

"What if I stayed by you. He likes his image too much to hurt you when someone is watching right?"

I shrugged , hesitantly reaching my hand and resting it on his , he simply shrugged in response , watching me.

"Come hang in my room tonight." He gave me a glare , his wings raising and pulling his hand away. "No-no not like that! I'm not trying to come onta dang it! I'm tryina protect you!" I glared , my smaller eyes opening in frustration.

He stared at me momentarily, before letting out a soft chuckle , and looking away. "Thanks..I think I'll take ya up on ya offer." Moving his hand away from his chest , he went to grab a bottle of liquor from the shelf.

"When do you actually get off? Like.. when your not sat up waiting for lil old me~"  I gave a wink , taking another sip from my glass.

"I'm meant to close up at 9." My eyes widen. "Don't read into that" he pointed a claw at me , frowning before taking a swig.

"You wait up for me ... I don't get back til 1am the earliest, awwwwhhhh huskyyyy you do care!!" I grin , blowing him a kiss , his frown deepening.

"No shit. Someone has to." He shrugs. His face growing a little red at this comment. I blush as well , looking down with a smile.

The Eerie Crackling of static caused both of us to look around , our attention turning to the radio demon.

"Ah Husker! Glad to see you back in your rightful place my friend! How Very Rude of you to take off like that!" The unwavering Smile of the radio demon twitched as he spoke , walking up to the bar and taking a seat.

Husk quickly grabbed a glass and poured him a gin and tonic , as he placed the glass in front of the demon. Within an instant husks wrist was behind held tightly by Alastor , a vibrant green chain having formed around husks neck.

"I do wish you'd stop acting out , husker. You'd be so much nicer to be around if not for that frown." Yanking the chain towards him , husk slamming into the counter , as Alastor grabs his face , forcing the cat demon to smile.

"Leave him da hell alone , prick." I stood up quickly , grabbing Als shoulder and shoving him backwards  causing him to topple onto the floor. At the shock of my actions al let's go of husk.

I placed myself in front of husk , looking down on at the Radio demon sprawled onto on the floor.
"Hurt him again , and I'll end ya , your title means fuck all to me , asshole."

I pulled out my tommigun . Aiming it towards the Deer demons head, though he was smiling there was slight fear in his eyes. He knew I  used Angelic Bullets, and that I was veeerrryyyyy trigger happy.

"Ya understand me?"

"How pathetic , husker. Getting Angel to stand up for you , don't worry though. We shall talk later."

With these haunting words , the darkness swallowed Al whole , causing him to dissolve into the floor below.

"Fuckin piece a shit.." mumbling , putting my tommigun away and turning to husk , who was staring at me in stunned disbelief. "What?"

"That was ...really impressive , Legs." He spoke gently , just watching me as I sat back down , putting a hand through my hair as I smile at him.

"That turn ya on , husky? Me being all protective over ya~?" I wink and down my drink.

"Jesus Christ angel. I was just impressed that you knew how to be intimidating. Especially since you ain't like that with val." he frowned refilling my glass.

"Hey. Al ain't my boss , he don't scare me. Vals a different story. Anyways I'd always have ya back , husk." I smile gently taking another sip.

A soft smile spread on his face , ears down softly. "I got yours too , Angel."