chapter 28

January 28th, 2022
📍Barcelona, Spain 🇪🇸

"You can't just drag me out of bed and not tell me where we're going," Jude complained, whilst Georgina remained clutching his hand.

"Oh yeh, 'cause you totally haven't done the same to me before," she pointed out.

"No, that was different," Jude argued.

"Okay, how?" Georgina pouted.

He paused, "...Okay, maybe it wasn't that different."

"Thank you," she grinned.

"Where are we going?" he continued whining.

"Apparently there's somewhere really quiet around here," Georgina explained.

"What?"

"Oh my days, can you stop asking questions," she rolled her head, "or do you wanna stay stuck in the hotel for the next few days?"

"Okay, yeh, again, that's a good point," Jude nodded.

"Thank you," she repeated with a laugh.

They kept walking through quiet streets and lanes, a few people dotted around but none that recognized the couple. The darkness helped, keeping their faces shadowed.

The rocky path slowly turned sandy and the gentle sound of waves lapping became noticed.

"M'kay, now I'm really confused," Jude muttered.

Georgina just grinned up at him and continued walking along the sand.

"Where the fuck are we?" he asked, again.

"Sadie told me there was a quiet spot down here," she shrugged, "thought we could check it out. Plus- gets us out that hotel room."

"You're crazy," he laughed in disbelief.

"Is that so?" she teased.

"A little bit," Jude pinched his fingers together as an indication, "can't believe you're the one making us do this."

"Doing what?"

"Being in public public."

"Hardly 'public public' when there's no one around babe," Georgina laughed, with quotation marks.

"Risky though," he pointed, "didn't take you for a risk taker."

"Maybe you don't know me well enough then," she continued her teasing.

"Nah, I think I know you pretty well now," Jude said with raised eyebrows and began dragging her hand for them to sit down on a dry patch of sand.

"Mhm?"

"Mhm," he nodded, "Just like, I know for sure you like me. A lot."

"Oh, shut up," she blushed, turning away to face out to the glistening ocean, lit up under the moon.

"Yeh, ya do," Jude now took his turn to do the teasing and wrapped his arm playfully round her shoulder.

"What makes you so sure about that?" she gloated.

"Just get the feeling," he shrugged, his nose pointed in the air.

"You're so full of shit," she laughed at his usual humor.

"Don't worry about it babe, the feelings mutual," he smiled down at her, sliding his hand down to give her waist a comforting squeeze.

Georgina rolled her eyes, struggling to contain a grin.