chapter 29

January 29th, 2022
📍Barcelona, Spain 🇪🇸

Waking up was warm. Comforting. Georgina slowly opened her eyes, greeted with a beautiful view out the window - apparently they forgot to shut the curtains last night. Their hotel room was overlooking some tennis courts, surrounded by palm trees and directly next to the ocean.

She felt Jude from behind, cuddled into her, his face buried in her hair, one arm wrapped around her waist, the other acting as a pillow under her head. She had his hand clasped in hers, running her thumb along his fingers.

"Hi," he mumbled against the back of her neck.

"Hi," she answered, shifting around to face him. His eyes were still shut but his lips were stretched into a wide grin.

"What are you smiling for?" Georgina questioned, unable to stop herself from smiling too.

"You," he answered, simply.

"Me?"

Jude just nodded, opening his eyes to look at her. His hand grazing over her face, pushing the hair out of her face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"You," Jude said, propping himself up on his elbow, "you're pretty."

"Oh, shush," she laughed, pulling his neck into hers. He stayed with his head rested on her chest before littering kisses up her collarbone and neck.

"Jude, shit," she gasped, pushing her hands on his shoulders, "I need to go."

"What? What time is it?" he asked.

"Late. I'm gonna be late," she said, pulling the covers off and scampering out of the bed.

"Noo," he whined and grabbed her hand to pull her back down.

"Jude," she chuckled, "I already missed yesterday, I'll be in trouble for being late today."

Jude groaned and rolled over, burying his head between the two pillows. He stretched his arms out until his fingertips met something fluffy.

"Gi?" he called to her in the bathroom.

She re-emerged into the bedroom, now dressed in a mini-skirt and an oversized shirt tucked into her bra, "yeh?"

"What's this?" Jude asked, holding up a small, pink elephant with a little white and blue dress and a matching bow.

"Uh.. my teddy?" she said, rubbing her forehead, slightly embarrassed.

"Your teddy?" he questioned, tilting his head with a small grin concealed on his face.

"Mhm."

"Remind me how old you are again?" he teased, with an amused smirk, "almost 19, no?"

"Stop," she laughed, walking over to him to grab her teddy back.

"Does it have a name?"

"No, it's just Teddy," she muttered, "don't know why, just never named it."

"Let me see him," he said, stretching his arm out to take it.

"Her," Georgina corrected.

"Her, sorry," Jude laughed, apparently finding the whole situation funny.

She checked the time on her phone, "I really need to go now," she said, "sorry."

"No, don't be," he nodded, "I've got Miss Teddy for company now."

"Oh, my god," Georgina sniffed a laugh.

"Can't believe you didn't introduce us sooner," Jude continued his teasing.