chapter 30

February 1st, 2022
📍Paris, France 🇫🇷

"Me?"

"Yes, you?" Jude accused.

"Why would I take that?" Georgina laughed.

"Because you're like totally in love with me," he teased, "duh."

"Yeh, and you're like totally delusional," she smiled, she liked their banter.

"Hey, you didn't deny it," Jude shrugged and raised his eyebrows.

A few days had passed and the pair, once again, returned to their seperate lives. Jude back in Dortmund to start training for the remainder of the season. Georgina continuing the last few weeks of the press tour.

It didn't take long after the girl landed for Jude to be calling her - this time accusing her off taking his shirt. She denied. But maybe it was someone in her suitcase. He 'forgot' it.

"Yeh, yeh, okay bud," Georgina giggled, rolling her eyes.

"Shit- hold on," Jude paused, "give me a sec, Jobe's calling me."

"It's fine," she laughed at his attitude towards his brother.

"I'll text you in a sec, sorry," he did his typical little finger wave, "toodles."

"Toodles," Georgina laughed to herself once Jude had ended the call. He had to be one of the most unique people she had ever meet. What 18 year old boy says 'toodles' unironically?

Every conversation the pair had, she liked him more and more. In the short amount of time they spent together, it felt like years. Years that they've known each other - despite the distance.

That was still something that was playing on both their minds. The distance. How it was going to work.

Would it?

They both lived busy lives where it was difficult to have just a weekend off. They both put their careers before everything, both making their names heard in the separate industries.

But it was working so far. Georgina was the first person Jude text in the morning and the last person he text at night. They were always facetiming as long as Jude wasn't at training and Georgina wasn't in an interview. They were each others favourite company.

Perhaps there were discussions to be had in the future about this thing that was ongoing.

Regardless, she decided to distract herself. She needed to get on with studying - she had mock exams coming up soon which she definitely wasn't feeling prepared for. But, with all things considered, it's not exactly easy to study when on a tour of Europe.

~

"Bro, what do you want?" Jude frustratedly asked his little brother.

"You didn't call me when you got back," Jobe sighed, "and I know you didn't have training."

"Bud, I was just busy, and Gio's coming round later," he explained.

"Which one?"

"What?"

"Giovanni or Georgina?" Jobe blurted as if it was obvious.