ᴄʜ-21 ʀᴇᴄᴏɴᴄɪʟɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

In the days that followed their candid conversation, Dunk and Joong noticed a subtle shift in their relationship with Dunk's parents. The air seemed lighter, tensions easing as they worked together to repair the fractured bonds that had been strained by years of deception.

Dunk's parents made a concerted effort to be more transparent, sharing details about their past actions and expressing their remorse for the pain they had caused. Dunk and Joong, in turn, found it in their hearts to forgive, recognizing that harboring resentment would only hinder their journey toward reconciliation.

One evening, Dunk's parents invited Dunk and Joong to dinner, a gesture that spoke volumes about their desire to mend their fractured family ties. As they gathered around the table, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, a far cry from the tension that had once hung over their interactions.

Over the course of the meal, they laughed, shared stories, and reminisced about happier times. It was as if a weight had been lifted from their shoulders, allowing them to embrace the present moment and look toward the future with renewed optimism.

As the evening drew to a close, Dunk's parents took Dunk and Joong aside, their expressions earnest and sincere.

Mrs. Natachai: "We want you to know how grateful we are for your forgiveness, Dunk, Joong. We know we have a long way to go, but we're committed to making things right."

Mr. Natachai nodded in agreement, his eyes shining with emotion.

Mr. Natachai: "We may not be able to undo the past, but we can certainly strive to do better in the future. Together."

Dunk and Joong exchanged a glance, their hearts full of gratitude for the opportunity to rebuild their relationship with Dunk's parents. Though the road ahead would undoubtedly be challenging, they knew that with honesty, forgiveness, and a shared commitment to healing, they could overcome any obstacle that stood in their way.

As the evening progressed, Dunk's parents broached the subject of the wedding, their expressions hopeful but cautious.

Mr. Natachai: "Dunk, Joong... we've been thinking a lot about what you said, and we want to do everything we can to support you. If you still want to get married, we're behind you all the way."

Dunk and Joong exchanged a surprised glance, touched by Dunk's parents' newfound willingness to embrace their relationship.

Dunk: "Thank you, Dad. Mom. That means a lot to us."

Mrs. Natachai smiled warmly, her eyes shimmering with emotion.

Mrs. Natachai: "We want to make things right, Dunk. We want to be there for you, to celebrate this momentous occasion together as a family."

Joong's heart swelled with gratitude as he realized just how far they had come. The thought of Dunk's parents standing beside them on their wedding day filled him with a sense of joy and belonging that he had never known before.

Joong: "Thank you, Mrs. and Mr. Natachai. We would love nothing more than to have you there with us on our special day."

With a smile, Mrs. Natachai said,

Mrs. Natachai: "Call us mom and dad, dear."

With the tension of the past finally laid to rest, Dunk, Joong, and Dunk's parents spent the rest of the evening discussing wedding plans, their excitement building with each passing moment. It was a far cry from the strained interactions of the past, a testament to the power of forgiveness and the healing bonds of love.

As they bid farewell to Dunk's parents later that evening, Dunk and Joong knew that their journey toward reconciliation was far from over. But with the love and support of their newfound family by their side, they were more than ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, confident in the knowledge that together, they could overcome anything.