ᴄʜ-26 ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴡꜱ

Amidst the flurry of wedding planning, Dunk began to notice subtle changes in his body. At first, he attributed them to the normal course of pregnancy, but as the days passed, he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

One evening, as they sat down to dinner, Dunk pushed his food around his plate, his brow furrowed in deep thought.

Joong: "Is everything okay, Dunk? You haven't touched your food."

Dunk glanced up, a troubled expression crossing his features.

Dunk: "I don't know, Joong. I just... I've been feeling off lately, and I can't shake this feeling that something's wrong."

Joong's heart skipped a beat, concern etched in his features as he reached out to take Dunk's hand.

Joong: "What do you mean, Dunk? Is it the baby?"

Dunk nodded slowly, his eyes welling with tears.

Dunk: "I don't know, Joong. I just... I can't shake this feeling of unease. What if something's wrong with the baby?"

Joong felt a surge of panic rise within him, but he pushed it aside, focusing instead on comforting Dunk.

Joong: "We'll call the doctor first thing tomorrow, okay? They'll be able to tell us if everything's okay."

Dunk nodded, a small glimmer of hope flickering in his eyes.

Dunk: "Okay, Joong. Thank you."

The following morning, Joong accompanied Dunk to the doctor's office, their nerves on edge as they awaited the results of the examination. Dunk's hand trembled slightly in Joong's grasp as they sat in the waiting room, both lost in their own thoughts.

Finally, the doctor called them in, and they followed her into the examination room, where Dunk was carefully positioned on the examination table. Joong stood by his side, offering silent support as they waited for the doctor to begin her assessment.

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor finished her examination and turned to face them, her expression unreadable.

Doctor: "Well, Dunk, it seems that your concerns were not unfounded. I'm afraid I have some news that may come as a shock to both of you."

Dunk's heart clenched with fear, and Joong's grip on his hand tightened in response.

Joong: "What is it, Doctor? What's wrong?"

The doctor took a deep breath before delivering her verdict.

Doctor: "It appears that there are some complications with the pregnancy. It seems that the baby is not developing as it should, and there is a risk of preterm birth."

Dunk felt as though the ground had been pulled out from beneath him, his world crumbling around him as he struggled to process the doctor's words. Joong's heart ached for Dunk, but he knew that they needed to stay strong for each other.

Joong: "What... what do we do now, Doctor?"

The doctor's voice was gentle as she outlined their options, but Dunk could hardly hear her over the roar of fear and uncertainty that echoed in his ears. Clinging to Joong's hand, he felt as though he were drowning in a sea of despair, unsure of how they would ever find their way back to shore.

As the doctor continued to explain, Dunk struggled to absorb the information, his mind swirling with a maelstrom of emotions. He felt a deep sense of guilt wash over him, wondering if there was something he could have done differently to prevent this outcome.

Doctor: "I understand that this is a lot to take in, Dunk. But it's important to remember that you're not alone in this. We'll do everything we can to monitor the situation and ensure the best possible outcome for both you and the baby."

Dunk nodded numbly, his throat constricting with unshed tears. Joong squeezed his hand in silent solidarity, his own heart heavy with the weight of their shared burden.

Joong: "Thank you, Doctor. We appreciate your honesty and your support."

The doctor offered them a sympathetic smile before excusing herself, leaving Dunk and Joong alone in the examination room. For a long moment, they sat in silence, grappling with the enormity of the news they had just received.

Dunk: "Joong... what are we going to do?"

Joong's heart ached at the anguish in Dunk's voice, but he knew that they needed to stay strong for each other.

Joong: "We'll get through this together, Dunk. We'll take things one step at a time, and we'll face whatever comes our way as a team."

Dunk nodded, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

Dunk: "I love you, Joong. No matter what happens, I want you to know that."

Joong's heart swelled with love for Dunk, his resolve strengthened by their unwavering bond.

Joong: "I love you too, Dunk. And I'll be here for you every step of the way."

____________________________________________

Can I share a little story with you all? I recently learned from my mom that I was actually a preterm baby.

The amusing part? She was in the middle of an important meeting when she suddenly felt abdominal pain. Without warning, she excused herself, promising to return in five minutes. FIVE MINUTES.

And the next thing they knew, she gave birth lol. Surely did not return back in 5 mins haha.

So, this incident inspired me to write this chapter.