Chapter 17; Now You Know

*ALEXIS' P.O.V*

I exhaustively collapsed on the sofa, letting my legs spread across the length of it, so my head was now resting on the arm of it. I'll admit, it wasn't too comfortable but I didn't seem to care at the moment.

I closed my eyes and tried to force myself to sleep; but my mind was pulling me in several directions.

I was completely pissed off at the fact my father showed up at my house AND at the fact that Harry had invited him in. Now I know I've never told Harry about my relationship with my dad but wouldn't he have gotten the hint that it wasn't a good relationship if I never talked about it? Obviously Harry has no common sense.

I was snapped out of my thoughts once I felt an icy cold hand make contact with my bare shoulder. I flinched further into the couch and looked up. Harry's green orbs we staring down at me and his curls were neatly displayed just above his eyes, covering his forehead.

Once my heart rate went back to normal I decided to break the silence.

"Your hand is freezing." I complained.

A sad smirk spread across his face as he removed his hand from my shoulder.

"Well your shoulder is warm." He protested, walking over to the couch across from me. I watched him sit down and spread his legs apart. He then rested his elbows on his knees and lazily cupped his chin in his hands, staring at me.

"Preston's in bed." He added awkwardly.

I dropped my vision away from him and over to my feet which had oddly become very interesting.

I heard him stubbornly sigh.

"Listen.. Lex....... Would you like to tell me why it was such a big deal that your dad visited?" He asked, slightly lowering his voice.

Now normally I would have snapped on him so that he'd drop the touchy subject but in order to make this..... 'relationship?'..... work.... I should be straight forward with him.

mimicking his over-dramatic sigh, I sat up and glared into his eyes. For some reason my eyes trailed down to his lips... His full, pink lips. He brought his bottom lip between his teeth, probably realizing I was admiring them.

"You don't have t-" he began to say- just before I cut him off.

"It's ok..." I assured him, looking back up and into his eyes.

I hesitantly told him about the things me dad had done to me as a child and about him changing when my mom left. His eyes were widened and I'm not sure if he even realized that his mouth was hung open.

"But he did end up going to jail." I added, desperately trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh my god..." His mouth hung open, making him look absolutely dumbstruck.

"Lex.... I-I didn't know that he- I......" He stuttered, looking down at his hands which were balled into fists in front of him.

"It's fine, Harry... I'm fine..." I cooed, flashing him one of my most convincing smiles.

Harry then stood up and made his way over to me. He plopped down beside me and wrapped his muscular arms around me. He always had a calming sense to him. But trust me..... He's absolutely frightening when he's mad. But he reminds me of a lost little puppy when he feels bad.

It's so cute. He's so cute.

I rested my head against his chest; counting the beats of his heart.

1,

2,

3,

4,

5,

6,

7,

8,

9,

I didn't even realize that fresh tears were now staining my cheeks and wetting Harry's hoodie. His hand started rubbing my back, making more tears flow out. I didn't make a sound; neither of us did.

"Shhhhhh." Harry whispered into my ear, comforting me.

I nuzzled my head into his neck and started to sob loudly. I'm surprised Preston didn't wake up due to my racket.

"He's gone..." He whispered again. I let out a couple more desperate sobs and tried to calm down. Once I thought I was done with the tears I looked up at him. I probably looked like a complete mess right now but Harry's seen me look even worse than this.

I didn't know what to say once I noticed his eyes were becoming watery. It completely crushed me inside. I fought back tears that started to brim like an overflowing pool in my eyes and laid my head against his chest again, staring down at the floor.

I sat there thinking about my dad again... He's such a touchy subject.. My PAST is such a touchy subject....

I felt a lump form in my throat.

"He-" I stammered, trying to think about how to say what I wanted to say.

"H-he said he'd be back..." I couldn't help but burst into tears, yet again.

I don't know what my father wants .... But I'm scared shitless.

----------------------------------------

a/n:

I KNOW THIS IS SO SHORT BUT IT JUST SHOWS YOU HARRY'S SWEET SIDE.

what does alexis' father want?

Does he ACTUALLY want to be in her life?

Does he want to screw shit up?

Does he want to get to 'know' Preston?

Hmmmmm.

(;

What'd yeh think?

COMMENT FOR A LONG CHAPTER 18.

(Please don't demand for a update.)

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOUR FAVOURITE PART WAS IN THIS WHOLE ENTIRE FANFIC SO FAR.

Ty

OH AND GO READ MY OTHA FANFIC IM WRITING CALLED 'forbidden feelings.'

Ill update forbidden feelings soooon.

Luv ya all zzz.

(Continue reading----->)