1.1 Pan-demon-ium

Ten years ago.

	Magnolia was reading one of her books waiting for Magnus as he insisted they go to an underground party the Downworlders were talking about

Magnolia was reading one of her books waiting for Magnus as he insisted they go to an underground party the Downworlders were talking about. Magnus swiftly walked down the stairs, his arms out showing off his outfit.

"What do you think?" He asked

She looked up from her book.

"Very handsome."

She slapped the book shut, holding her an annoyed look on her face.

"Now can we get this over?" Magnolia asked

"Oh come on flower, live a little." He said
"I've lived enough, I think I'm in my elder years." she joked

He laughed as the two walked toward the empty hall hearing a loud knock coming from the double doors on the opposite side of the home.

"Were you expecting someone?" Magnolia asked

He shook his head.

"You?" He asked

"Never." Magnolia replied

"Magnus!" The voice yelled

"Is that?" Magnolia asked

Magnus opened the peephole revealing Jocelyn Fairchild standing in the doorway with a young girl. The Banes looked at one another before Magnus invited her in. The redheaded woman pulled the small child off with Magnus as Magnolia stayed behind. She watched as the girl looked terrified, asking her mother questions. She followed into the chamber sometime after seeing the young redhead tied to the large chair, she walked into the room deeper.

"Mom?" The girl asked

"It's okay honey. It's for the best." Jocelyn said

"You're not protecting her, you're deceiving her." Magnus said

"For as long as possible." Jocelyn argued

"She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn. Believe me." Magnus said looking to Magnolia

"Well for now, I don't want her to be part of our world." Jocelyn said

"Mom, I don't want to do this." the girl said

"Please take her memories." Jocelyn begged

Magnolia walked up to the young girl crouching down staring into her scared eyes.

"What's your name?" Magnolia asked

"Clarissa, but most call me Clary." Clary said

"Hi Clary, I'm Magnolia but some call me Lia. Everything is going to be okay, everything will work out. Just relax and breathe." Magnolia said

Magnolia stared into her eyes, giving her a tight lipped smile before green wisps flowed out of her hands onto Clary's, absorbing into the young girl's palms. Clary's face visibly relaxed as she looked around, her eyes finding her mom's.

"Okay." She said, smiling lightly

Magnolia stayed crouched down in front of Clary as Magnus lifted his hand, a wisp of blue floating out of it. His eyes now shifted into their yellow cat eyes as allowing the wisps to take the memories away. Clary's terrified look dropped into a blank one, Magnolia looked at her one last time before standing back up and walking out of the chamber. An hour later, Magnus walked down the hall seeing Magnolia, once again, sitting in the window seat reading over her book.

"Are you ready to go?" Magnolia asked, not taking her eyes off the page.

"Of course. Never too late for a party." Magnus replied

She threw the book on the cushion beside her, before getting up making a portal and walking through it. Magnus releases his breath before following her through.

Present Day.

 The lights flashed in the nightclub, bodies pressed against one another

 The lights flashed in the nightclub, bodies pressed against one another. The smell of smoke, body spray and sweat in the air but no one caring. Off to the side, danced the youthful Magnolia with some mundanes, she sipped on her drink, spinning. She stopped in her tracks, seeing two men dressing in suits wearing sunglasses to cover their eyes.

"Hey dad, are circle members allowed?" Magnolia asked

In the back of the area Magnolia was dancing, holding a giant couch with several bodies, in the middle of them sat Magnus Bane sipping a drink held by a downworlder, his eyes looking up in the direction his daughter was facing seeing the two.

"Oh." he hummed

He rose to his feet walking past her and toward the members discussing with them.

"Circle members aren't allowed in my club." Magnums hissed

"No worries, warlock. It's all ancient history." The blonde said

"Really?" Magnus asked, his eyes shifting to their cat-like state.

"To me, it was like a blink of an eye." Magnus said
The taller man jumped at Magnus as he placed his hand up, wisps flying out of his hand, choking the man raising him off the ground slightly. Magnolia walked closer, a smirk on her face.

"We've endured worse." The man coughed

"I bet." Magnolia said flirtatiously

"You've inflicted worse." Magnus said

The men had a stare off as Magnus released the man.

"Leave." Magnus threatened

The two walked out, leaving the Banes watching them leave.

"How did they even get in here? I'm telling security to up their game." Magnolia said

Magnus placed his arm out, stopping her.

"Nonsense, enjoy the club. You never come out anymore." Magnus huffed

"I enjoy my silence." She said

The two laughed silently as they walked through the crowd, Magnolia smiled at a mundane man as someone ran into her. There stood a redhead, a terrified look on her face, breathing heavy. Magnolia's eyes grew wide.

"Sorry." the girl said

The two made eye contact, the redhead stared at her before looking at Magnus, a flash of seeing him with yellow cat eyes and her with a saddened look on her face. The redhead shook her head, shaking the flashback. As if everything was in slow motion, it finally moved normally as she walked off in the opposite direction.

"Was that? That was Clary." Magnolia said watching the girl walk out of the club.

Magnus pulled her arm away in the direction they were walking, Magnolia catching her footing.

"Stay out of it." Magnus whispered

"What is happening?" Magnolia asked