Chapter 7

"You look so beautiful, my dear." Puri sa akin ni Auntie nang pumasok ito sa kwarto ko.

I smiled at her. "Thank you, Auntie, and so are you."

Tumawa ito ng mahina atsaka hinalikan ako sa pisngi. Grabe ang sweet niya talaga.

Tapos na kasi akong mag-ayos at hinihintay ko nalang sila na sunduin ako, since malapit na ang oras.

It's already 6:30 p.m., and we need to arrive at the palace at 7:00 o'clock. And I am wearing the gown and the jewels I bought earlier this afternoon.

"I am so excited to introduce you to everyone. Finally, you'll get the chance to meet new people," she exclaimed excitedly.

Ngumiti ako ng pilit. "I am nervous as hell, Auntie."

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at mahinang pinisil pisil ito. "You will be fine. Do not worry, you have us."

Napatingin kami sa pinto ng kwarto nang bumukas ito at iniluwa doon si hermano at Uncle. Ngumiti ang dalawa sa amin habang naglalakad palapit sa kinatatayuan namin.

"You two look so beautiful tonight." Masayang sambit ni kuya.

Uncle then kissed my aunt's forehead and then hugged me. "I thought I saw Hera just now." Madamdaming sambit nito sa akin.

Ngumiti ako sa kaniya. "I won't disagree with you, Tío, because she was my mother, and I am her daughter, and in addition to that, I have the most handsome brother in the entire Luminaria, an auntie that is so pretty and sweet, and an uncle that is so fine, like a knight."

Natawa silang tatlo sa naging hirit ko.

Hermano then kissed my forehead and hugged me, and when he let go of the hug, he held both of my hands. "You are such a sweet talker, Alora," saad nito sa akin. "And to agree with you, I also have the most beautiful, brave, and smart sister in the entire Luminaria."

Ngumiti ako ulit sa kaniya. Pagkatapos ay kinuha ko ang cellphone ko. Nagtaka pa silang lahat kung ano ang bagay na hawak ko ngayon.

"I discovered this one from faraway land. This thing was called a cellphone. It has a lot of functions, and one of those is capturing every moment you've spent in your family, like taking a portrait." Pagkatapos ay binuksan ko na ang camera at napasinghap silang tatlo ng makita ang mukha nila na parang nakatingin sila sa isang salamin.

"It is indeed magical!" Manghang sambit ni Uncle.

Auntie and Hermano agreed with him.

"Let's take a photo, everyone. Move a bit closer to each other and then smile." Masayang saad ko sa kanila. Ngumiti naman ang mga ito at pinindot ko na ang button.

"One more time, and this time say cheese." Sabi ko.

"Cheese." Sabay na sabi nilang tatlo. I clicked the camera button again, and we took a lot of groupies together.

And then I show them the results, and they're amazed as they see their smiling and beautiful faces.

"Too bad we cannot hang this in the mansion." Malumanay na saad ni Auntie.

Ngumiti ako sa kaniya." Do not worry, Auntie. I will paint this one and hang it in every hall of the mansion." 

Napatalon ito sa tuwa na s'yang ikinatawa naming tatlo. "My niece is so talented and smart," she proudly said.

"Alright, that's enough. I think we should go. We do not like to miss the big event of the ball, yes?" Uncle interfered.

Uncle then offered his left arm to Aunt, and they exited my room first.