Chapter 23

A thousand years had passed, but I still remember how I suffered in this realm. Those whom I trusted the most betrayed me. I still recall clearly seeing the sky back when I wailed because I lost two precious people in my life.

How the sword of judgment plunged into my chest for saving him—my dragon. 

Yes. I survived death for the fourth time and am living my third life now. I lived with Rosié, Anastasia, and Axel with my three children in the Ethereal Domain. The moment I gained consciousness after ten years of deep slumber, I immediately searched for them, took them to the Ethereal Domain, and lived peacefully.

And I can't believe we are finally back at the Mortal Crest.

"Are you sure we are safe in here, Claudia?" I asked her to be sure.

Claudia is my only friend who knows I am alive because of some reason, and that reason you will all know soon.

"But of course, Alora. I did not tell anybody about this place, and besides, this place is hidden, and villagers don't usually come to this part of the jungle because it's dangerous." Paliwanag nito sa akin.

She really prepared all of this for us. Wala pa ring nagbabago sa kaniya, she's still the same Claudia she knew centuries ago. It's been 10 centuries since I disappeared like ash.

Niyakap ko s'ya. "The cabin is magnificent. Again, thank you a million times for your assistance and for keeping my secrets."

Dama ko ang paghigpit ng yakap niya. "I'm glad I could help. Remember to hide your identity."

I smiled at her as I let go of the hug. Tinapik tapik ko ang balikat niya. "I will, so are you ready to do your part?"

She smiled vigorously. "Ready as ever, Alora."

Ngumiti ako ulit sa kaniya. Then I saw my children running inside the house.

"The place is beautiful, mama! And...and we saw a lot of beautiful butterflies in the backyard!" Grayson exclaimed happily.

Halata talaga sa mukha niya ang saya. 

"We want to go to the village. Can we go, mama, please?" Pa-cute na bulalas naman ni Hayden.

I raised my eyebrows. "And why do you want to go there? Aren't you tired? And besides, it's getting dark. We could just visit there tomorrow."

Agad na ngumuso ang dalawang anak niyang lalaki sa naging sagot niya. I sighed deeply, trying to resist the charm of my kids.

"What did Mama tell you? We will go tomorrow, alright? Now go take a shower, and we will have our dinner together." I said softly, but firmness was obvious in my voice.

Tiningnan ko si Sapphire na ngayo'y tahimik lang na nakikinig. She's back to being emotionless again. 

"Promise we will go tomorrow?" Sabay na tanong ng dalawang lalaki niyang anak.

I nodded and smiled. They both jump in excitement and hug my waist. They are such a bunch of cuties.

Umalis na ang mga ito at pinuntahan na sina Anastasia at Rosié. Axel had grown up as a fine man. He is the one who became the biggest brother figure of those three.

Claudia chuckled. "Don't they search for their father? I've never heard them ask you once."

Ngumiti ako sa kaniya na may halong lungkot. Claudia warned me that many things changed after I disappeared. She told me that Aidan vanished for about a thousand years and then reappeared as a new person. He became colder and more cruel, making everyone fear him more than they already did.