Chapter 38

I wipe my tears gently while looking at the man who stole my heart and soul. He gestured for Claude to come closer to him, and Claude followed. When Claude was already in front of him, he gave him the guitar he's holding before returning to where he stood earlier. Afterwards, Sapphire is walking in my direction with no expression on her face, but I could see happiness in her eyes. She's holding a bouquet of lavender flowers in different colors. I bit my lips to stop myself from crying... Lavender is my favorite flower.

She bowed her head gracefully at me, paying respect as she stood in front of me now.

"A beautiful bouquet of flowers to the most beautiful mother in the whole cosmos. Te amo, mama," she muttered while offering the flowers to me.

I took the flowers and bent down to level her. I kissed her on the forehead and smiled sweetly at her. Ang ganda ng anak ko.

"Thank you, my little dragon." 

Niyakap niya ako sa leeg at marahang hinalikan sa magkabilang pisngi. I can feel my eyes starting to heat again. Gusto kong umiyak pero nakakahiya. Umayos ako ng tayo at tiningnan muli si Aidan na ngayo'y naghihintay sa akin sa kabilang dulo kasama ang grand priest. I am still confused about what's happening, but I have a little clue. I just don't want to jump to conclusions.

My eyes widened when I saw Tía Minerva snap her finger, causing the surroundings to alter. There are now chairs in the right corner, two meters from where I stand. Nakaupo na silang lahat ngayon. Tapos ang kaninang mga nakalagay na bulaklak sa gilid ng red carpet ay napalitan ng wedding runner steel bars na may desinyo na mga puting rosas at veil. 

I checked on myself when I saw them looking at me with amusement. I gasped when my dress turned into a wedding gown. It's just a simple white gown with a slit on my right leg. My veil din na nakasabit sa likuran ng buhok ko. When I looked at Aidan, he was biting his lips, trying hard to stifle his cry. But I see tears glistening on it. He literally did it. He's waiting for me in front of the aisle. 

I started walking in his direction when I heard the wedding march. It's an instrumental music of a thousand years. Napatigil pa ako saglit nang makitang si Amber ang tumutugtog gamit ang flute. They were really prepared for everything. I didn't even know how Amber managed to convince Aidan to participate here. Simula kasi nang nandito na ako ay hinirang s'yang muling tagapagmana ng trono sa Wintershadow Empire. The verdict about her has been out, and she's not guilty. 

Hindi na nakatiis si Aidan at sinara na niya ang pagitan naming dalawa at niyakap ako. He faced me and then kissed me on the forehead.

"Ang ganda mo," he said, almost whispering. He leans his forehead against mine. "Patawad kung hindi na ako makapaghintay na ikaw ay aking pakasalan. Gustong-gusto na kasi kitang asawahin. Ayaw ko kasing isipin ng ibang tao na ikaw ay aking binabahay lang. Alam ko na sa simbahan o sa malaking templo dapat kitang dalhin at pakasalan ngunit sa ngayon ay ito na lang muna, kasi sa susunod pagkatapos ng lahat ng gulong ito ay papakasalan kita ulit."

I breathe deeply to calm myself before speaking. 

"You don't have to say sorry. I don't care at all. As long as you are the one whom I am marrying, thank you for doing this. It may seem simple to you, but it means the whole world to me."

He was about to kiss me when we heard Claude's voice.

"Serve the kiss for later, Aidan. It's not yet time to kiss the bride," Claude exclaimed teasingly.

"Shut up! Why are you even here? Who invited you?! And besides, you are not my bride, so go away...your face is ruining the night."

Napuno ng tawanan ang hardin. Wala na talagang pag-asang magbabago si Claude.