Chapter 19

"Will you be alright?" Tanong sa akin ni Auntie nang makapasok na kami sa Jurisdiction Temple.

I nodded. "I didn't do anything wrong, Auntie. I do not care if their position is higher than mine; I will fight for my rights."

Ngiti lang ang tanging naisagot ni Auntie sa akin, pero halata sa kaniya ang halong lungkot at pag-aalala.

Taas noo akong naglalakad sa grand hall ng Jurisdiction Temple nang makapasok na kami.

Lahat sila napatingin sa direksyon namin. 

I walk in the hallway without showing any emotion. I even saw Queen Miranda and King Jaxon glaring at me, but I just glanced at them with disdain.

"Greetings to the Grand Priest. May you live in a millennium." I greet him, bowing my head for courtesy.

"You two may rise." Ngumiti ito sa amin ni Auntie.

Pagkatapos ay umupo na si Auntie sa upuan sa gilid habang si Reyna Miranda at Haring Jaxon ay nagtungo sa gitna katabi ko.

"Where is your daughter?" Walang emosyong tanong ko sa kanila.

"You almost killed her. What do you expect?" Natawa ako ng bahagya sa sinagot ng reyna.

"You have healing magic, yet you didn't use it to heal her wounds," saad ko. "And it's not that fatal; your daughter is just weak."

Umawang ang labi nilang dalawa at tiningnan ako ng masama.

I grimace. "What?"

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o ewan dahil sa naging reaksyon nila.

The Grand Priest cleared his throat to gain our attention. 

"In the name of the Almighty One, I want all of you to respect this temple and to respect the decision I made today regarding the incident yesterday." Kalmadong saad ng Grand Priest sa amin. "Queen Miranda and King Jaxon, the two of you can express your side first, but I only wanted to hear the truth, nothing more and nothing less."

Queen Miranda and King Jaxon bow first before speaking. "Thank you, your holiness," pasasalamat ng reyna. "Long time ago, our elders—the wolf and the dragon clan—made an alliance in order to seal the truce of betrothal between the future rules of the two clans, and I know you knew about this royal seal, your holiness." Simula niya.

"But we're willing to break it when we know about the relationship between Aidan and Alora, not until my daughter..." Naluluhang turan nito, kaya naman ay hinawakan s'ya ng hari. "My daughter Amber attempted to kill herself if the seal was broken. And as her parents, in order to save her, we need to break Aidan and Alora's relationship." Huminga ito ng malalim.

Napairap nalang ako sa hangin dahil sa kadramahan nila.

"B-but Alora," patuloy nito sabay tingin sa akin. "She almost killed my daughter."

Napabuga ako ng hangin. Iba talaga kapag lumalabas na ang tunay na kulay ng mga taong trinato lang tayo ng mabuti sa umpisa, pero halang din pala ang kaluluwa.

The Grand Priest diverted his gaze to me.

"Is it my turn?" I asked while pointing myself.

Tumango lang ang grand priest sa akin.

"First and foremost, your holiness," umpisa ko. "Yes, it's true that I almost killed the crown princess of the Wintershadow Empire. But she attacked me first; I'm just defending myself."

"Defending? You almost killed her, Alora!" Depensa nila.

Kinuskos ko ang tenga ko dahil sa naging depensa nila sa sinabi ko. Nakakairita na talaga.