Chapter 18

"It's good to see you here, Alora," she said, most likely mocking me.

Parang wala lang sa kaniya ang nangyari. Kaya lihim akong natawa ng pagak sa sarili.

I gazed at them without sentiment. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Amber, but the feelings are not mutual," I told her. "I was good earlier, not until I saw you."

Kita ko ang pag-iba ng templa sa mukha niya. Nawala ang ngiti nito dahil sa sinabi ko.

Habang ang apat naman ay pinipigilan ang hagikgik.

Si Aidan naman ay nakatingin lang sa akin ng may pag-aalala sa mga mata at mukha.

But I just peered at him flatly, causing him to look away.

Amber cleared her throat. "I assume you have already accepted the reality that from now on Aidan belongs to me and not yours. I'm hopeful that you'll attain the tranquility of mind you had been yearning for."

"Amber, that's enough!" Aidan said with firmness and disdain.

I cracked a sarcastic laugh. "I happen to be in peace at the moment, Amber, since you are no longer part of my life anymore, remember? And likewise, I hope you'll get this affection that Aidan couldn't give to you," I muttered, deadly.

I saw how her face was plastered with annoyance and rage while looking at me.

If you want war, then I'll give you war. I'm so done with your sh*t, Amber.

Tinaasan ko s'ya ng kilay. "What? Are you mad at me now? I'm just telling the truth," I exclaimed, mocking her. "You may betrothed to him, but I am already engraved in his heart like an art. But you? You are just the woman who stole him from me, so do not be too proud of yourself."

"Burn and toasted." Natatawang sabi ni Snow.

Gaga talaga.

"How dare you—"

Aidan cut off what she had to say and looked at her sharply. "I told you to stop it already, Amber! Stop being a hypocrite or else I'm going to leave you here alone!"

Bahagya itong namutla sa naging tono ng boses ni Aidan. Kahit kami ay napatigil din. 

His tone of voice made us wince. It's frigid and filled with wrath. He stares at Amber without emotion. It's the same demeanor and mood I noticed when I first met him.

"But she started it first!" Naiiyak na sigaw nito.

Ugh. Here we go again.

Napairap nalang ako sa kaartehan ng babaeng 'to.

Snow gave a sharp grimace. "But she started it first!" she muttered, mimicking Amber's words and tone of voice.

Napayuko nalang ako para pigilan ang hindi matawa. Pero si Brianna, Claudia, at Guinevere ay humagikhik talaga.

"How dare you laugh at me, especially you, Claudia? You traitor!" Nanginginig sa galit na bulalas nito kay Claudia.

Kaya nag-angat ako ng tingin para makita ang reaksyon ni Claudia, pero tiningnan lang nito si Amber ng nakakaumay.

Claudia crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Why? Am I not permitted to laugh? As far as I know, I didn't give you the power to control me, Amber! So know your place!" mataray na bulalas niya. "And please refrain from calling me a traitor, because if there's a traitor here, it's you, not me." 

Amber's lips parted when she heard Claudia's words.

"We have been friends since we were young, and yet instead of being by my side, you're with them, laughing and mocking me!?" Di makapaniwalang turan ni Amber.