Chapter 28

Claudia and I didn't know how to respond to him. He went closer to us and raised his eyebrows as he stopped in front of us.

"Tell me the truth," utos niya sa mababang boses. "Don't you dare deny it to me because I heard everything. I clearly heard my sister calling you Alora." 

Siniko ko si Claudia. Tumingin naman ito sa akin na parang nagtatanong kung anong dapat gawin at isagot.

I gulped and smiled halfway. "Y-you heard it right, Claude," bumuntong hininga ako. "I am alive."

He massaged his temple gently and then looked at us full of annoyance. Alam kong naiinis na ito sa amin dahil sa hindi namin pagsabi sa kanila.

"No wonder," he mumbled. "I already have a feeling that something is off with you since you really reminded me of her, but it turns out that my guts were right. You have been her all along." 

Nag peace sign kaming dalawa ni Claudia sa kaniya. 

He rolled his eyes. "Until when are you going to keep this a secret, Alora? You know that your brothers and Aidan are dying for your return. Tell me your reason or else I will tell them myself." Tinampal ni Claudia ng medyo malakas ang braso ng kapatid dahil sa sinabi.

Claude then caressed his arm, where Claudia slapped it. 

"Lower your voice, idiot!" Claudia exclaimed.

"Alright," he uttered. "You don't need to hit me like that. I'm still older than you."

Inirapan lang ni Claudia si Claude. Then Claude looked at me again, asking me to tell him everything. Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago nagsalita.

Ikinuwento ko sa kaniya ang lahat. Every detail describes how I managed to live again, the plan I have come up with, my children, and how I came and lived at the Eternal Domain. I also told him about my master—the goddess who helped me—the one who raised Adara.

"Now I understand why," he exclaimed. Ngumiti s'ya sa akin. "Don't worry, Alora, your secret is safe with me. And from now on, I will help you with your vengeance."

I smiled happily at him. I know I can trust him. He is the one who welcomed me when I lived my second life back then, and he's been protecting me always.

"Thank you, Claude. I know I could rely on and trust you," ngumisi ako. "So, now I want you to monitor and observe Aidan. I'm going to give you something so that he can't feel your presence whenever you follow him."

Kumunot ang noo niya.

"Why?"

I smirked. "I have a feeling he's hiding something. I want you to protect him this time. I know you are mad at him, but step that anger aside for now. I think he is in danger, and if we don't want to live in regret again, we need to do something about his situation."

His face became serious while his eyes spoke of excitement. He cracked a playful smile.

"As you wish, my lady," he joked. Natawa kaming tatlo sa sinagot niya. I'm happy that somehow the burden I've carried has lessened for a bit. Thanks to them, who've always been with me through my ups and downs.

Claudia snorted. "Do your part well, hermano. We don't need a useless dumb shit in our mission." 

I laughed because of Claudia's comment. Dahil sa sinabi nito ay sumama agad ang timpla ng mukha ni Claude.

"Isa ka pa," asik ni Claude sa kapatid. Marahas na lumapit s'ya at marahang pinitik ang noo ni Claudia. "Huwag mo akong minumura Claudia naiinis pa rin ako sa kalokohan mo."

Claudia caressed her forehead where Claude flicked it and looked at his brother with too much annoyance. Akmang lalayo na sana si Claude nang bigla na lamang hinila ni Claudia ang buhok nito.