Chapter 31

"Does Her Grace know about this?" I asked Claudia, who's now glaring at Aidan intently. Si Aidan naman ay nakipagtitigan din. I don't know what happened, but the calm atmosphere earlier became intense. Para ng may mga kidlat at apoy na dumadaloy sa mga mata nila, habang naglabanan sila ng tingin.

Napasapo ako ng noo. "Can you two stop what you are doing?" I scolded them. Para kasing mga bata.

Claudia rolled her eyes at Aidan, who's now shaking his head. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan sila magiging ganito. Every time they saw each other, unlike before, they were serene and always teased each other, but now they're like enemies that are ready to kill each other.

"Tsk," pagsusungit ni Aidan kay Claudia. I instantly stood up and covered Claudia's mouth when she was about to talk again.

I looked at Aidan and then smiled halfway. Afterwards, I divert my gaze at Claudia while removing my palm from her mouth.

"Are you sure she's missing? May be she was just wandering around...she's a spoiled brat after all." Ani ko sa mababang boses. Saan ba kasi nagpupupunta ang babaeng 'yon? Palagi na lang akong binubwiset!

"It's been three days already that she's gone missing, Alora, after her mother's burial. Jaden didn't even know where that brat is."

Something feels off. It's just two reasons: either she goes to the demon fortress or she was abducted. Pero ang tanong...ano ba ang pakialam ko? Kahit hindi na s'ya magpakita sa amin ayos lang.

"Maybe she just wanted space since her mother just died." Ani Aidan sa amin sa kalmadong boses. We both glared at him in chorus.

"Sino kausap mo, Isaac, kami ba? Do you see the boundary?" Claudia snorted sarcastically. 

"I wasn't talking to you either. I was talking to her." Pabalang na sagot naman ni Aidan habang nakatingin sa akin.

Bumuntonghininga na lang ako sa mga inakto nila. Sumasakit na ang ulo ko kakaisip tapos isip bata pa ang nakapalibot sa akin. I love them, but sometimes I just want to bury them alive.

"Really? Oh well, she's your ex-fiance after all. You must be so damn worried about her whereabouts. What about you find Alora instead? Oh, yes! You already engaged to someone else. Such a bullshit." Ani Claudia sa nanggigigil na tono. Makikita mo talaga ang gigil sa boses at mukha niya.

I clenched my lips to suppress a laugh. Claudia really knows how to get on someone's nerves. Ang galing talagang mang-asar. Habang si Aidan naman ay walang kabuhay-buhay na tiningnan si Claudia.

"You really know how to get on someone's nerves," said Aidan. "And I am not worried about Amber. I am worried about what Amber's thinking if she really ran away to be confined to the demon clan."

"And you really know how to piss someone off just by showing your face. It isn't my fault if I got on your nerves; you just pissed me off," resbak naman ni Claudia. "And look who's taking... really Aidan? I'm also wondering what got into your mind to confine to your evil relatives as well, despite knowing you promised her that you would wait, and you even marrying the queen's niece. What a joke. Are you some kind of clown in your past life?"

Ramdam mo talaga ang gigil kay Claudia. Okay, this is getting intense. Hindi ko alam kung papaano ko sila paghihiwalayin.

"Then are you some kind of mockingbird in your past life? You are so noisy and annoying," iritadong asik ni Aidan. "And besides, who told you to look at me? It's not my fault that you are not blind. So infuriating." 

Agad na pumagitna ako nang sasagot na pabalik si Claudia. I smiled at Aidan and gestured for him to leave. Bumuntong hininga ito habang umiiling.

"I will continue playing with the kids," he smiled. "You can leave without worries, Lady Aurelia. Your children are safe with me," he assured me.