Chapter 40

"I'd like to have a word with my ex-husband, Minerva...after we talk, you can kill him," Tía Dahlia exclaimed with no emotion. "And please forgive me for being late. I just woke up."

I saw how Tía Minerva stopped the urge to hug her sister. She let out a sweet chuckle to stop herself from crying. Tía Minerva stepped aside as she gestured for Tía Dahlia to do her request. I am so focused on the two powerful goddesses when someone pushes me, causing me to almost trample on the sand.

Marahas na lumingon ako para tingnan ang mapangahas na tumulak sa akin. Ang kaninang inis na naramdaman ko ay unti-unting nawawala nang makita ko ang espiya ko. She's now in front of me while I'm facing her back, protecting me from Rashta. I guess Rashta took the opportunity earlier to stab me when my attention was not on her.

Rashta was now on the ground on her knees, spitting blood while staring at us grimly.

"I told you to not let your guard down, Alora," she said, emphasizing each word.

"Sorry about that, Adara." I chuckled. Tumabi ako sa kaniya pagkatapos ay tiningnan si Rashta.

"Remember your apprentice? The one whom you ordered to spy on me?" I asked meaningfully at her. She struggled to stand, but she failed and only coughed blood. "Don't worry, she's in hell already, waiting for you."

BACK AT THE FOREST AFTER ALORA RETURNED WHEN SHE AND AIDAN WERE ABSORBED BY THE BLACK HOLE

"Where are you going?" Aidan asked me curiously.

"None of your business, your highness."

I didn't wait for his reply and immediately teleported from where I felt Claudia's presence. When I arrived from where Claudia was, I cracked a smile as I saw the demon mage who attacked me earlier, before those shadow mages appeared, being tied to a tree while bleeding.

Claudia smiles at me when I am in front of her. "I caught some fish,"

"Great," I replied. "Now for the twist."

I summoned my spy since I need her to do the job that I want to do, but I am kind of busy as a mother of three. After a few minutes of waiting, my spy arrived.

"I hope this is important, Alora." 

I rolled my eyes and pointed at the demon mage. I saw how her eyes glistened with excitement. 

"That's Rashta's apprentice. Is she dead?" She asked me.

"Still breathing," I chuckled. "And I want you to replace her position as the new apprentice of Rashta. You have the ability to shift into another form, am I right, Adara?"

Adara and I separated once again because I gave her a mission to spy on the demon fortress. That's why if I shift into my phoenix form, I will lose a lot of mana.

"What are you going to do about her then?" Si Claudia sabay turo sa babaeng mage.

Ngumisi ako ng matamis at agad na nag-summon ng espada. Without hesitation, I strike Rashta's apprentice. Hindi ko sana s'ya papatayin, kaso marami na rin itong napatay na nga inosenteng tao.

Afterwards, Adara copied every feature of Rashta's apprentice from head to toe. Kahit ang presensya ng mage ay kinopya ni Adara. 

"I want you to know everything about Rashta, including her weaknesses and plans," I ordered her.

"Not a problem," she replied. I succumbed to a surprise laugh, realizing that Adara sounded exactly like the demon mage.

I know I could trust her in this situation. After all, she's not only an ordinary phoenix; she is my animal essence.