One || Where It All Began

You had no idea how it all began

Perhaps it was the one occasion when your mother introduced you to one of her lifelong friends — a middle-aged man with somewhat white hair that has dark tips.

Perhaps it was that particular time when you unknowingly helped the middle-aged man's son in answering a question he was unsure of but refused to give in.

Or perhaps it was when you and that middle-aged man's son were barely a few months old that your mother and his father agreed that the two of you needed to be friends in order to carry on their friendship's legacy.

All you knew was that you began to get to know him properly on that specific night.

That night in that little park.

The night sky was dark, with only the moon and stars to illuminate the path. The air was filled with a tranquil and soothing atmosphere, accentuated by the sound of crickets and leaves rustling in the breeze.

It was peaceful, save for the odd squeak of a wooden seat when you swung the swing back and forth.

Simply seated on the swing, you were lost in thought as you enjoyed the soft wind caressing your face.

Though it appeared that you were buried in contemplation, your mind was actively working to figure out how the swing moved in tandem with your body.

"The movement obviously happens because there's something to do with weight." With a monotonous tone, you mumbled, adding additional weight to your upper body to accelerate its progress. 

It did go faster, which proves another one of your theories right! 

That surely made you smile gidilly.

Feeling the swing's soft motion soothe you into a calm frame of mind. It was a moment of reflection and solitude; your small break from your daily routine, even if you were only five years old.

If you have to judge for yourself, being a five-year-old with an overly protective home is quiet lively. 

You were barely five years old when the whole generation came to your house every day to teach you a variety of skills they had learnt during their lives.

You recall learning how to prepare a five-star dish from your uncle, a chef, yesterday. When you were done, the kitchen was a complete mess because you had very little experience cooking. Still, it tasted fantastic—almost astounding.

And today, without even knocking on the door, your mother's aunt, the scientist, came storming in. She joyfully snatched your arms and began to tell you about her latest creation and the fresh information it had revealed to her. 

She also began teaching you more of the basics science, continuing on the lesson she taught you last week.

You were enjoying the memories while also recalling the lesson she taught you so that you may study it tomorrow morning.