Six || Weapons of Science

"What the hell? For some reason, we don't have enough revival fluid for even one person

"What the hell? For some reason, we don't have enough revival fluid for even one person."

"Huh? That means you take it too soon, Taiju. I told you to be patient." You shot Taiju a deadpan look in an instant, to which Taiju replied with his mouth agape in shock.

Senku then stood up, smirking, "Just grab some more. We'll hang back and play twenty questions or something while you're gone."

He then smiled more broadly, glancing in Tsukasa's direction as if he's already planning about something, "Do try to make it quick, would you, big oaf?"

Just as Taiju was ready to go with excitement, Tsukasa suddenly grasped his shoulder hard, causing Taiju to stop abruptly.

'Yes! He take the bait!' You cheered silently inside your head.

"It makes more sense for me to go because I'm the fastest, coming in second to (Name). Plus, I am sure (Name) would like to stay, right?" Tsukasa asked, but when he focused on you with an intense look, it seemed as though he was hoping you would answer 'yes'.

You casually nodded your head and smiled kindly, not particularly disturbed by it, "The fluid is in the nearby cave where you often go rabbit hunting. Go straight ahead, and as soon as you come across a few insects clustered together on the ground, turn right."

Tsukasa sped away without saying anything, leaving a whoosh of wind behind him.

"Oi, lettuce head. He's gone now." You informed him as he yawned in response.

However, he instantly stood up and entered the 'laboratory' to produce the revival fluid, not even bothered to wait for Taiju.

"Let's make the revival fluid! We'll bring Yuzuriha back ASAP!" Senku exclaimed, quickly combining the nitric acid with the necessary amount of alcohol.

Taiju, who was absolutely baffled, walked into the hut, "What's wrong? You just said we were short of revival fluid." 

You answered him with an extremely cunning smirk, "Do you really believe he would use a pot that was the wrong size?"

"You've got a point. But, why'd you let Tsukasa go?"

"It's a calculated risk." Senku, who knew that his revival fluid was almost ready, started to respond, "I want him gone before we revive Yuzuriha, even if it meant revealing the location of the cave."

Now, Taiju was overflowing with inquiries. Tsukasa was always kind to him and willing to lend a hand. He frowned at both of his best friends' strange behavior.

"Why would you want to get rid of Tsukasa? Isn't he a good guy?!"

Senku spoke back, but he was refusing to say several crucial things to Taiju, "That's why he's too much to handle. He wants to remake this world into a place where only the strong survive... That kind of thinking doesn't move me one millimeter."