Eleven || Ramen

The following morning, everyone searched the ingredients for the food you planned to make

The following morning, everyone searched the ingredients for the food you planned to make. You told the rest exactly what to do, which sped up the process.

You and Chrome would gather the protein — which meant hunting — while Senku and Kohaku would harvest grain.

While you and Chrome headed to a location with a lot of wild birds, it was quiet peaceful, except for the sound of the forest.

"Do you know that the word 'Chrome' originates from something that we — Modern People — used to use on a daily basis?" You informed teasingly, knowing that this would catch his interest.

As you predicted, Chrome's head shot in your direction at that very moment, eyes sparkling from excitement, "Ehh!? What do you mean by that?!"

With just one inquiry, you happily began to babble about what Google Chrome is - Who made it, when it all began, how many people have used it, everything!

Chrome, too, continued listening without growing bored. He was curious about the meaning of his name! And when he discovered that, he couldn't stop asking you questions, which you didn't mind at all.

"So, 'Google Chrome', huh?" Smugly, Chrome smirked, crossing his arms, "My name must've sound nostalgic for both you and Senku."

"Honestly? Yeah." You spoke calmly, gazing at the blue, bright sky, "Your name was well-known around the world, you know? Everyone knew Google Chrome as the 'know-it-all'. When we were in trouble, it consistently provides the right things we needed."

"That's incredible!"

You chuckled at his ecstasy.

Eventually, your gaze softened towards him.

His face looked gorgeous, as though the sun had given him a gentle kiss. His eyes were brown like the woods yet it could calm everyone down just by looking at it.

He's far too adorable to be the village outsider!

"That's why you always have what we need at the moment," You slung your left arm around his shoulder with a grin, "If you ask me, the origin of your name fits your personality quite well! The adventurer, the one who have it all; Chrome."

Now that's an extremely heartfelt compliment for him.

Given that he is frequently referred to as the 'sorcerer', he has never received a single praise.

When he heard you just now, it was as if you had given him more than enough compliments to boost his determination.

He was sobbing uncontrollably. The combination of his snot-filled nose and the teary-eyed expression on his face made you want to laugh out loud.

"I-I'm so touched!" He wailed, making a terrible attempt to wipe his tears, "We only met a few days ago, and you're already giving me compliments?!"

Despite his confusion, he was overjoyed.