Seventeen || Tale X

You are completely speechless right now

Seriously.

"Huh?" Senku abruptly whipped his head in your direction, revealing that he is just as bewildered as you are.

You, too, furrowed your brow in confusion, "Huh?!"

The remainder of the Kingdom of Science was glancing confusedly between the two of you, sweat dripping down their brows.

It's no joke that they genuinely want the two of you to be together. But what now?! This is bad, really bad! Senku is getting married, and their ship will sink!

"Abort! Abort!" Suika whimpered out, allowing just Kohaku, Kaseki, and the two brothers to hear her.

Kohaku and Ginro exchanged nods before quickly pulling you away from Senku.

You went along with them, your thoughts and heart still engulfed by jealousy, though you didn't want to admit it.

Sticking his pinky into his ear, Senku scoffed, "Well, great. This just got a hell of a lot more annoying. So just to be clear, if I were to marry Ruri, this entire village is mine, isn't that right?"

Then, with both hands on his hips, he positioned himself arrogantly in front of the priestess, "I guess I'll do it."

He doesn't sound genuine at all.

"Oh, and she'll be my second-in-command." He pointed at you lazily as you waved your hands.

Everyone immediately gasped in shock.

'Alright, (Name). Just go with the flow. Smile!'

You forced yourself to stretch out your lips, obeying your own demand.

Kokuyo wasn't having this whole thing.

He roared in rage, "Hold it, you two! Where did you even come from, huh?! You both are outsiders. The two of you cannot hold the positions of chief and second-in-command!"

"My, my! If it isn't the former village chief himself." Senku gave a cocky smirk, "To tell you the truth, I don't have a millimetre of interest in your lack of approval."

You only laughed along, your eyes shining with malicious glints as if the devil's tail and horns suddenly appeared on you, "Would you look at that? Sen is the chief now and... Oh nooo! You have absolutely no right to say no to it!"

With the three of you arguing, many villagers were conflicted by this issue. While some people supported the former chief, others thought Senku was destinated to become the new chief.

"Object all you want, a win is a win." Senku held up both palms, wearing a truly unsettling expression, "Chop, chop! Bring the winner his booze!"

Kohaku protested, showing disbelief, "Can you not?!"

Kaseki agreed with a nod, "He sounded like a real scoundrel."

Unable to argue with their new ruler, several villagers brought all of their jars, all of which were full of booze.