Four || Break Free

The unknown has a way to be so vicious

The thoughts of hundreds and millions lay quiet, trapped in this everlasting nothingness. However, the world around them carried on as if they had never existed.

Structures and civilizations that mankind had built over many centuries collapsed like dust.

Until suddenly, the sound of stone shattering startled a group of bats nearby.

A long boulder was slowly cracking and falling apart.

Progressively, piece by piece, one by one, bits by bits, a silhouette emerged from behind those stones.

Clear skies with few clouds creating unique shapes and towering trees were bordering the margins of the scenery.

Sharp, beautiful eyes gazed above in unwavering wonder, taking in every sensation that had been unleashed.

A mild wind carried the smell of grass throughout the atmosphere.

Immediately, you took a big breath as your lungs were finally filled with fresh air again.

'Holy shit. I did it!'

After all these years, you can finally breathe freely!

After such a long period of darkness and nothingness, you were finally able to see, feel, and even speak.

You cautiously stood up and felt the rough ground touching your body after all those years of feeling nothing.

It was strangely comforting.

"3.700 years later, I'm finally out." You said to yourself with a very pleased look, "Interesting, isn't it?"

Hundreds of years had passed, you were overcome by feelings of loneliness and despair.

How you wish that in those dark moments, you could see the world, go on trips, visit amusement parks, spend time on social media, run a whole marathon, and so much more.

Nonetheless, you had to remember to focus, even if it seemed tedious to count all year long.

You were surviving entirely because of your extraordinary brain.

"Alright. There is no time to be thankful. Now that I'm awake, let's take a closer look at these oddly tranquil surroundings," Gently rising from your slumbering position, you examined your surroundings only to see that you were in a forest.

"I was at school. How in the world did I get here?" You grimaced and began tapping your forehead rhythmically; a habit when you contemplate about something.

However, nothing comes to mind.

You may have assumed that you were taken hostage and dumped in this forest, that you are in an other planet, that you were taken by aliens from space, or that a nation has attempted to develop a new weapon.