Two || Promise Under the Night Sky

Since that night in the park, you and that boy - whose name you eventually remember as Ishigami Senku - have been very close friends

Though, you usually called him Sen or lettuce boy, which was your nickname for him.

Not that he doesn't have a nickname for you. He often called you as the devil or a goldfish since he believed you had goldfish's memory.

Yet the two of you know that goldfish has rather outstanding memories.

Nevertheless, you are now currently concerned.

Why?

Simple, as tomorrow marks your seventh birthday.

Do you feel worried?

Not even in the slightest!

You're actually rather happy, thrilled even. This is due to how eager you are to compete in the 7-10 year old math competition that is being hosted this year! Along with a ton of cash, the winner received a free tour around the center of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

You've always adored the sea due to its deepness and its fascinating secrets that no scientists have yet discovered. Senku, on the other hand, has always had a strong interest in outer space and astronomy.

Oh, but that wasn't what concerned you. Well, not at this moment.

The worry was that you would be discovered sneaking onto your rooftop in the night.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Excitement mixed with uneasy smile was on your face as you muttered.

Being a year older tomorrow isn't a huge issue - That was what you thought when it came time to sleep.

As a result, you can't sleep because you're thinking about all the exciting things you could do if you won the competition.

After all, you are highly intelligent.

You had climbed through the window and was attempting to reach the top. Without hesitation, you tightened your hold on the roof and began to swing yourself up by swinging your body back and forth.

You swung for a few seconds before finding the courage to release your grip, propel yourself forward, and soar upwards until landing flawlessly on the roof of your house.

Here you are, breathing softly as you stare down, watching the tree branches in your yard dance with the breeze as the flowers tangle in the grass beneath the tree.

The stars, as usual, are glittering down on the land. Its little yet brilliant light is filtering through the branches and leaves.

And as it occurs, the timing was ideal. This night was exciting, and it was made much more so by the fact that a comet known as Neowise was near!

With excitement, your eyes wander around the garden, noticing a cat, looking closely at your neighbor's house, spotting different cars in the distance-

"What are you doing here?"