Twenty-One || Hydroelectric

A/N : What kind of duo would (Name) and one of Dr. Stone's characters make if they were paired together? LOLOL!! By the way, happy birthday, Asagiri Gen! (01/04/2024)

"The rules of the game are pretty simple. The advantage belongs to the side who can launch the first strike." With confidence, you said while you grabbed a stick to draw a phone on the ground, "We'll create this to make that happen."

"Is it just me, or does this sound like this project needs the entire village's help?" Kohaku worriedly muttered, sweat streamed down her forehead.

"No, you're right. We only have a few months to finish it because that's when Tsukasa's assault is gonna start." Senku responded frankly, no hint of worry in his voice, "That sounds about right, mentalist?"

"Hmm, let me think... If I put myself in Tsukasa's brain," Gen's voice progressively became identical to Tsukasa's flawlessly, "We're in total control of the revival fluid. So, as the time passes, our man power grows. Yes. But, our main foes are Senku and (Name). If we give them too much time, they'll find a way to mass produce gunpowder."

The way Gen copied Tsukasa's voice was so skilled that almost everybody was taken aback, except for you.

"That is so cool!!" With beaming eyes like the stars, you grinned broadly, "No wonder you also used to be a voice actor!"

"Hehehe! Thank you, nepo baby-chan." Gen smirked smugly in response.

Senku discreetly pulls your sleeves away to create a distance between you and Gen, muttering, "Your imitation's dead on, mentalist."

"Well... What are we waiting for? Let's get to work!"

Therefore, Senku urged everyone in the village to get to work by heating up the newly constructed ovens. It had been built during the house rebuilding process.

In the meantime, you were out gathering wood with a few children. Arthur was standing next to you, carrying a wood-like bag so everyone could place the sliced log on his back.

"(Name)-nee! (Name)-nee!"

There were four children running at you, each with two logs on their arms, "These are the new logs that we found!"

"Woahhh! Good job, kids. These woods seem to be in good conditions." You give them each a pat on the head, giving them an appreciation at their efforts, "Here. Let me put it for you."

However, when you saw that they were staring at each other doubtfully, you stopped yourself from taking the woods, giving them time to talk.

"(Name)-nee, c-can we place it on Arthur's back??"

"Yeah! Like, on our ownnn?"

"Pleasee, please, please, please, pretty pleasee!"

With enthusiasm, they all asked. Some even leaned in closer to you, clasping both of their hands. At that very moment, you felt your heart melted, causing you to nod slowly, trying your best to hold the urge to hug them.