2

Author POV

Becky can't stop smiling to herself. She can't help it. She knows she had Freen flustered without really trying much. And Freen was incredibly pretty, even with a Kool Fever stuck to her forehead.
Walking back to their car, she could feel Rachel looking at her. She knew she was probably going to get told off, but at this moment in time she didn't really care. Freen was obviously attractive. She was wearing a simple dress, and while it was a below the knee, modest dress, Becky could tell she had an incredible figure. As soon as Becky saw her, she wished she had put more effort into her appearance, but she wasn't expecting to run into a goddess while working.
When they got into the car, Rachel instantly sighs and looks at Becky. "Look, I know you know the rules about dating clients, but I also know you know this case is going to be over quickly and Miss Chankimha doesn't have much to do with the case. I'm not going to bore you with some lecture that you'll probably ignore anyway, just don't do anything stupid."
Becky has never been too keen on Rachel, but right now she feels like hugging her. "I probably won't even see her again. Like you said, she doesn't really have anything to do with this case." Becky replies with a shrug, trying to play it cool, but in her head she's trying to work out how she can see Freen again.
Rachel drops Becky off at her apartment, as it is already after work hours, and Becky doesn't waste a second before she tries to find Freen on Instagram. She knows it might be unprofessional, but she knows she felt something when she looked at Freen and she knows Freen felt it too.
When Nam introduced Freen, she called her Miss Chankimha, so Becky knew it would be easy to find her on social media. And she was right. She found her on Instagram almost immediately. But there was one issue.
She had a private account.
Her profile picture was a far away picture of Freen but her face was covered. Becky had to follow her in order to see any of her posts, but it seemed too soon. She might look like a stalker if she follows her less than an hour after meeting her. So she leaves it and decides what food to order for her dinner.
Later that evening, Becky was scrolling on TikTok before going to sleep, when she saw a video with the caption 'this initial can't stop thinking about you'. She normally skips these videos knowing there is no truth to them, but this time she felt curious, so she watched. After an intro that felt like it went on forever, the creator finally drew a letter. The letter 'F'.
Becky let out a breath she didn't even know she'd been holding. This was a sign. For the first time in months, one of these videos landed on her fyp, and for the first time ever she actually watched it, and it happened on the day that she met Freen and the letter was an 'F'. Maybe these videos weren't such bullshit.
Becky decides this is the time to make her move. As she flicks her phone onto Instagram and searches for Freens page, she is hit by a wave of nerves. What if none of Freens posts are of herself? Oh gosh, what if Freen has a girlfriend? Or worse what if Freen had a boyfriend? What if Freen doesn't even accept her request? What if Becky had completely misread the situation? Oh shit. She has to hit the follow button before she gets into her own head too much. So she does. Then promptly throws her phone to the beanbag in the corner of her room and tries to get some sleep.

The next day, she wakes up to the jarring sound of her alarm, but when she reaches for her phone on the nightstand, it's not there.
Suddenly the events of the evening before come flooding back to her, along with a wave of nausea. She jumps out of bed to shut off the alarm, then plops down in the beanbag, staring at the locked phone. She's not entirely sure what to do. She really wants to know if Freen has accepted her request or even followed her back, but dread fills her as the same concerns from the previous night fill her thoughts.
Becky has always been an overthinker, it's part of what makes her a great lawyer. But it's not so great in a situation like this where she doesn't want to waste time; she makes the first move and then her thoughts fill with all possible outcomes, usually focussing on the negative ones.
Pull yourself together, she tells herself and opens her phone. She holds her breath as she sees there are 2 notifications on the Instagram app. She clicks the app. One notification is a dm from her best friend Irin, sending her a meme. The other is a new follower. A new follower with the username '_daddypaul' and a bio 'looking for a sugar baby to spoil'.
None of the notifications are Freen. And Freen hasn't accepted her request.
Becky wants to scream in frustration, but she has to collect herself and get ready for the day ahead of her.
By the time Becky's taxi drops her home, she is completely exhausted. Rachel kept her working until 9pm, 4 hours after she was meant to finish. She had also been doing all of the boring paperwork Rachel didn't want to do. This was part of the reason she didn't really like Rachel much.
Despite Becky being the most competent associate at the firm, Rachel treated her like she was stupid. She always gave Becky the easy work and never let her have her own cases, even though she was perfectly capable of winning in court and usually gave Rachel the best arguments to win cases. But regardless of this Becky can't help but respect how good of a lawyer Rachel is. And as much as it pains her to say it, Rachel is the best at the firm so she was grateful to be her associate.
Ever though she is surrounded by people all day at work, Becky feels lonely. At the age of 21, she's never had any serious relationships, she was too busy with law school and now as an associate she feels even more busy and far more tired. She just wishes she had someone she could come home to after a hard days work and cuddle. Just someone to curl up next to on the sofa and watch a movie. She wishes she had that closeness.
This line of thought brings her mind back to Freen. She nearly forgot about that situation with the busyness of the day, but once again her thoughts were filled with the image of the beautiful woman she met the day before.