Chapter 32

The boundaries of the city didn't show any significant changes in any direction, but as soon as they crossed that line, everyone's anxiety skyrocketed.

What lay ahead?

Nobody knew.

The tour guide could no longer provide directions, so Ren Li continued driving along the main road.

After an unknown duration, houses began to appear in their field of vision, finally breaking the endless greenery and railings.

This seemed to be the outskirts, with only a few dozen houses scattered on either side of the road.

Although nothing in their current view seemed strange, Ren Li and Pei Jingling had a keen intuition for danger, and this place was definitely not as calm as it appeared.

A chilling wind blew from the front, seeping into the car through the half-open window.

Ren Li immediately detected the scent of blood and saltiness, his brows furrowing as he decisively closed all the windows.

Almost instantly, five huge and terrifying black figures darted out from both sides of the road ahead, heading straight for their car at incredible speed.

Ren Li's gaze turned sharp as ice, he slammed on the gas pedal, shifted gears, and without hesitation, aimed the car directly at them.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

A loud crash echoed, the car's metal body clanging as it collided, sending the five aliens flying.

Everyone in the car was jolted fiercely by the impact, and it seemed like the front of the car had caved in.

The tour guide and the timid girl in the back seat didn't see what was happening ahead and were scared, quickly turning around to look at the aliens left behind.

Those aliens flew in a parabolic arc in midair before crashing heavily onto the ground, even skidding for quite a distance due to inertia, but the next moment they all stood up from the road.

The tour guide's eyes widened in shock at the sight of those aliens, his voice trembling uncontrollably, "W-what's going on?"

The timid girl also looked incredulous, her mouth agape, "Oh my god, what happened?!"

Ren Li and Pei Jingling didn't look too good either.

Pei Jingling glanced at the rearview mirror, squinting his eyes and sneering, his tone cold and sarcastic as he uttered, "asurrise."

Those aliens stood nearly two and a half meters tall, their muscles bulging all over, their limbs like segments pieced together on joints.

Their heads were even more grotesquely elongated than before, their faces terrifying, with high cheekbones and eyes that seemed to protrude, as if about to bulge out of their sockets, as if they had been inflated.

Their sharp white teeth were densely packed inside their huge mouths, and their long tongues hanging outside were covered with sharp spikes, with even dark red flesh flakes hanging on them, drool dripping onto the ground.

Apart from their heads, their entire bodies were covered in dark, hard scales, completely devoid of any human resemblance.

The collision just now seemed to have had no effect on them at all; their bodies swayed slightly as they got up and charged towards them again.

The car's earlier reaction had already told Ren Li that they couldn't rely on ramming anymore.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Gunshots rang out from behind as the female soldier in the back of the car fired at the aliens sandwiched in the middle.

The aliens' speed was noticeably faster than before, and shooting them didn't kill them. The female soldier, not being a real military personnel, only managed to shoot through one alien after firing several shots.