Chapter 78

Ren Li pressed the throbbing vein on his forehead, gritting his teeth and said in a measured tone, "How... could... this... be?"

If he hadn't lost his memory, he would have definitely spanked him hard a few times—after all, who was the one with a clear mind and who was the lecherous one?!

Pei Jingling looked at Ren Li's extremely embarrassed expression, and slightly raised his chin. "Oh, then where do you think we differ?"

Although Pei Jingling tried hard to maintain a cool and calm demeanor, Ren Li still sensed a hint of suppressed laughter in his tone.

Ren Li looked at his serious face and really wanted to tease him a bit.

In the end, he could only sigh helplessly, and said in a low voice, "Our conflicting personalities are all related to your experiences with campus violence. Due to your physical condition, you generally choose to endure when faced with provocations, right?"

Ren Li paused, his tone lowering a few degrees, and said displeased, "But I'm different. If anyone bullies you, I will immediately take care of them."

Pei Jingling raised an eyebrow, nodded, and continued walking forward. "I believe in not being overly indulgent, to avoid more trouble. Using violence to counter violence is not a good solution."

Although he said so, he couldn't help but feel happy because of Ren Li's last words, and a slight smile appeared at the corner of his mouth.

Ren Li felt that the heaviness on him had lightened a bit, and followed beside him, whispering, "Don't be so gloomy, smile more."

Pei Jingling was about to reply when a troublesome student blocked their way at the staircase.

The leader was the short-haired man from earlier, his face twisted with malice. "You let us find you so easily. Damn, dared to hit our brother Xu and then just ran away?"

Ren Li's momentum suddenly sank. Why were these scumbags so persistent?

Pei Jingling's just-raised corner of his mouth instantly tightened, almost wishing it would straighten into a straight line.

Standing on the steps, looking down at them, Pei Jingling's gloomy black eyes stared at them, and he replied coldly, "I dared, and I did it."

The short-haired man became agitated. "Damn you, why are you staring? I'll gouge your eyeballs out!"

Ren Li's face turned ashen, and he directly walked towards them, but Pei Jingling took a step down ahead of him, blocking the way.

He could see that Pei Jingling didn't want him to act, frowned slightly in worry, but also didn't go against his wishes.

With one hand in his pocket, Pei Jingling walked down expressionlessly, sneering at the bottom, "Alright, come and try then. Let's see if I'll gouge your eyes out first, or if I'll stab your neck first."

Pei Jingling seemed fearless, his contemptuous and disdainful attitude made the short-haired man gulp, feeling that the person in front of him had changed a lot.

Could it be that the fight with Xu Zhen this morning made Pei Jingling understand his own combat power and started to act tough?!

Thinking of Pei Jingling's terrifying gaze this morning, could it be that he had already let go and become psychotic?

The short-haired man and his cronies looked at each other, thinking of Xu Zhen's excessive blood loss and pale, ghostly face, and then looking at Pei Jingling's ruddy and fair face, like nothing had happened...

Pei Jingling continued to walk down step by step, while the short-haired man and his cronies subconsciously covered their necks and took a few steps back.