Chapter 76

Both of them were taken aback, then Ren Li immediately let go, and Pei Jingling quickly withdrew his hand.

Originally, it was a very normal process of applying medicine, and both of them were treating it very seriously.

But with such a deviation in the conversation, the air suddenly became a bit more charming.

Ren Li hadn't thought much about it before, dutifully massaging the bruises on Pei Jingling's arm, feeling heartache.

But now, with those words, all he could think of was Pei Jingling with red eyes, clearly in pain but having to act obedient and helpless.

And the sobbing, urging himself to go faster or slower, the crying voice.

Random thoughts began to surge, blood rushing through his body, a tightness in his lower abdomen. Ren Li stood up in a panic, quickly turning his back to Pei Jingling, clearing his throat.

Pei Jingling was still sobbing, his cheeks even redder, whether from embarrassment or anger.

He yelled at the wall, "Get out!"

Though he was trying to sound fierce, his voice came out soft and pitiful, a mix of anger and helplessness.

There was silence for a few seconds, then a hesitant voice said, "O-Okay, then... when you guys are... quieter, I'll pretend I didn't hear anything, okay...?"

Pei Jingling was about to lose it. Just as he was about to curse, his arm accidentally hit the armrest. He opened his mouth and couldn't help but cry out, the sound trembling, hiccuping as he scolded, "Y-you-shut up-wuwuwu..."

With his nasal, tearful voice, he seemed completely devoid of any intimidation, like a child throwing a tantrum and crying himself in the end.

There was complete silence from the other side, and it was unclear what they were thinking.

Ren Li could almost imagine Pei Jingling's expression-his eyes misty with tears, tears slowly streaming down, two clear tear marks on his cheeks, his lips trembling, looking extremely aggrieved...

His breathing became heavier, that heat surging back, the crimson that had faded from his eyes now faintly visible again. He looked down at his lower abdomen, silent for a while.

It had only been a few days... and his self-control had already collapsed like this?

Ren Li wiped his face vigorously, now just wanting to find a place to calm down. He asked in a hoarse voice, "Jingling, where's the bathroom?"

Pei Jingling glared at Ren Li's back. "What are you going to do there?"

Ren Li tried hard to restrain himself, saying in a low voice, "Your arm has been wiped, I'll go wash off the medicine on my hands."

Pei Jingling was silent for a moment, then asked discontentedly, "How long will it take for you to soften?"

Ren Li almost stumbled. "Wh-what?"

It was already shocking enough for Pei Jingling to say such things with a cold expression before, let alone now, when he was so soft.

The heartless boss.

Ren Li's throat went dry. "Don't you feel embarrassed?"

Pei Jingling's tone was harsh. "What else can I do? You always have inappropriate thoughts about me. Can I control that?"

Ren Li fell silent.

What kind of brat had he fallen for?!

Ren Li's temples throbbed. He found it difficult now to scold Pei Jingling as sternly as before, feeling a bit guilty himself.