Chapter 80

Pei Jingling wore a thin shirt, both shirt and falling snow pristine white, but the exposed wrists and ankles of the youth appeared even more fair and beautiful in color, his long and curly eyelashes touched by the snow, slightly moist.

He obediently stood still in place.

In the dim light of the approaching night in the woods, making him already somewhat forbidding appearance, seemed to be isolated from outsiders by a transparent barrier.

Ren Li's eyes were fixed on him, step by step getting closer to him.

Pei Jingling heard his steady footsteps, felt the gaze that left him with nowhere to hide, and remained silent and motionless.

He stood quietly, looking at Ren Li, without blinking.

When Ren Li was only a few steps away from Pei Jingling, he stopped, looking down at him from a high vantage point. "Who are you?"

This was the third time Pei Jingling had looked at Ren Li with the gaze of a stranger, feeling a bit stunned.

But then he gently curved his pitch-black pupils, revealing a hint of a smile, and said in a clear voice, "My name is Pei Jingling."

His eyes were clear and beautiful, and now, with a smile on his face, that beauty made Ren Li's heart beat even more intensely.

Ren Li was not quite satisfied with his answer and said in a low voice, "Be more specific."

"Pei as in the Pei in 'return,' Jing as in the Jing in 'mirror,' and Ling as in the Ling in 'intense.'"

Only then did Ren Li nod, still maintaining a cold expression on his face. He slightly lowered his body, keeping his gaze parallel to Pei Jingling's. "Are you human?"

The question was direct, and Pei Jingling smiled and asked, "What do you think?"

Of course, he did not think Ren Li was trying to praise him as a "fallen immortal" or "elf." Based on the current weather and the clothes he was wearing, it was impossible for a normal person to stand so calmly in the snow.

Ren Li didn't answer, leaning slightly forward, narrowing his eyes, and casually asking, "Do you harm people?"

Pei Jingling raised an eyebrow.

In the desolate winter wilderness, snow covered large areas of dead wood, white eroding the darkness, and the scent of decay mingled with the fresh snow.

Ren Li also smelled a faint cold fragrance, clean and icy, lingering on the tip of his nose, a pleasant and comfortable feeling.

Pei Jingling felt the temperature in his gaze rise even more, and chuckled softly twice.

Raising his hand, his slender fingers brushed over the edge of Ren Li's collar, the fingertip lightly touching his neck, bringing a tingling and soft itching sensation.

The clear and cold peach blossom eyes that were staring at Ren Li regained their splendid brilliance, and the cold voice carried a hint of huskiness. "What if I say 'i do.'"

As Pei Jingling's fingers moved, Ren Li was momentarily stunned, and then his eyes became even deeper.

This person's fingers were as cold and moist as cold jade, sliding across his neck, but the cold and restrained feeling seemed to start to fade away.

"If I harm you..." Pei Jingling raised his face, bringing their faces close together, his breath fragrant, and ambiguously whispered, "will it hinder your desire for me?"

Before his words had even fallen, Ren Li grabbed his chin, pressing his thumb firmly against Pei Jingling's slightly pale lips due to the low temperature.