Chapter 77

Ren Li carefully inspected the situation in the rest area but couldn't tell at all what had happened earlier. The blood and brain matter on the baseball bat used for murder were all gone, as if someone had casually thrown them on the ground. Ren Li picked up both the baseball bat and the badminton racket and placed them back in their original positions. He also closed the lid of the medicine wine and put it back in place. Without lingering, he observed for a while before returning to the other room.

Pei Jingling was still lying on the bed, not yet awake. San Wen Nan took off his glasses, closed his eyes, and pressed the acupoint between his eyes, looking somewhat uncomfortable. Sleeping on his stomach could compress the heart and cause suffocation. Ren Li helped Pei Jingling up, carefully avoiding his injuries, and sat him down in his arms. Then, looking up, he softly said, "Ren Li."

San Wen Nan paused, put on his glasses, and introduced himself, "My name is Jiang Ruohai." He sniffed, squinted his eyes, and asked, "No smell of blood anymore?" Ren Li looked at Zhao Mingjie, who was casually lying on the side. His clothes were also clean and white, and he replied softly, "The body is gone."

Jiang Ruohai nodded, then asked the question he cared about most, "How did you encounter these things here?" He couldn't move at all, even standing on the ground didn't feel completely solid; he felt more like a floating soul. "I'm not very clear either," Ren Li said. "I just thought in my heart that I could touch them, and I could."

Jiang Ruohai frowned slightly, reached out to pick up the pen on the table, but after several attempts, his palm passed through it completely, unable to touch the object. "No," Jiang Ruohai furrowed his brow. "I've completely focused my attention. Why doesn't it work?" Ren Li naturally noticed, somewhat surprised, but didn't show it on his face. He just said softly, "I don't know either."

Jiang Ruohai pursed his lips unhappily. His expression was somewhat cold and arrogant, with a hint of scrutiny and rejection in his eyes as he looked at Ren Li. After all, he was no slouch, whether in the game or in reality, he was considered part of the "elite" class. To put it bluntly, he was a bit proud, and now someone was appearing who was pressing down on him, making him feel uncomfortable. But he wasn't stupid, at least he wouldn't actively provoke, and he could still cooperate a bit.

Ren Li saw Jiang Ruohai's arrogance and frustration. His expression remained unchanged. He wasn't here to make friends and didn't care at all. He raised his chin slightly, gesturing towards Zhao Mingjie, "What's his name?" Jiang Ruohai replied, "Zhao Mingjie."

"Did you meet any other players this morning?" "No, he doesn't seem to socialize much." Jiang Ruohai glanced at Zhao Mingjie and briefly explained his situation. "You came later. According to those people, I guess he often 'reports' to the teacher or something, so no one in the school is willing to interact with him. He's quite dull, being isolated by others without resisting, and he came here alone to read during morning self-study." Ren Li's expression changed slightly. Zhao Mingjie's appearance just now, like a psycho killer, didn't show any signs of not resisting.

If Jing Ling's personality has always been somewhat paranoid and gloomy, it can't fully explain his "losing control" during the fight.

So, his personality and his behavior can be considered completely opposite extremes.

Combined with what Pei Jing Ling told him about the "voice in his mind," Ren Li's eyes became somewhat deep.

"What about you?" Jiang Ruo Hai turned his gaze back. "What's your boyfriend's name?"

Upon hearing the words "boyfriend," Ren Li lightly coughed and replied, "Pei Jing Ling."

"He doesn't have anyone he can connect with at school."