Chapter 85

However, because time was tight, Ren Li and Pei Jingling had things to do, so without waiting for Zhang Fengyi to wake up, Pei Jingling pushed Ren Li away, helped Wan Ningman, who was lying on the ground, up onto the table, and left a note under her hand briefly explaining the situation before leaving.

They still had to find Zheng Xue and Zhao Mingjie.

Zheng Xue's class was next to Pei Jingling's class, so since it was class time, Ren Li directly phased through the wall to find Fang Xiao.

Ren Li had originally expected that they might not be there, but unexpectedly, Fang Xiao was indeed in the classroom, but both he and Zheng Xue didn't look too good.

Ren Li frowned. "What's wrong?"

"We were chased by those ghosts again this morning," Fang Xiao said listlessly. "Yeyesandheart both got seriously injured."

Zheng Xue glanced at Fang Xiao as he suddenly spoke.

"Oh, Xue Jie, I wasn't talking to you, I have my little buddies here," Fang Xiao explained to Zheng Xue, then paused and scratched his face in confusion. "Is 'ghost' a countable noun? Should I add an 's'?"

Zheng Xue rolled her eyes at him speechlessly.

Ren Li remained unchanged in expression, ignoring his digression, and asked, "So you guys encountered ghosts last night too?"

"Yeah, I was sleeping with Xiao Zhao at the time, and we killed two together. Although it was too late, we couldn't see clearly... and we were killed in return," Fang Xiao said, pursing his lips. "I didn't expect those we didn't kill to come back during the day."

Ren Li narrowed his eyes and asked in a deep voice, "Are you sure the ones you killed didn't reappear during the day?"

"Of course, sure," Fang Xiao nodded. "At that time, when Sister Xue was killing people, I was right beside her. I counted carefully. I killed a total of nine people. Xiao Zhao and I double-killed at night, so there were exactly seven disgusting things that appeared this morning."

Ren Li nodded slightly, then asked, "Do you know where Jiang Ruohai is?"

Fang Xiao "Mm-ed" and said they were "ambushing" to kill people in places with fewer students but large spaces like the infirmary, the arts and sports gymnasiums.

Ren Li nodded, it seemed that Jiang Ruohai had already planned it, since he was with Zhao Mingjie, there was no need to inform them specially.

Ren Li didn't have much else to ask, so he simply explained to Fang Xiao about his and Pei Jingling's poisoning plan for noon, telling him to make sure Zheng Xue didn't go to the cafeteria for meals.

Looking at the clock in the classroom, time was running out, he and Pei Jingling had to go to the cafeteria early, without responding to Fang Xiao's amazed face and his mix of Chinese and English.

As Ren Li left, Pei Jingling was leaning against the wall, his eyelashes drooping, gently stroking his lips with his fingers, his ear tips slightly pink.

There was a lush tree outside the corridor, sunlight shining through the intertwined branches, a breeze brushing by, dappled light dancing on his profile and pristine white shirt.

Then he caught sight of Ren Li's figure in his peripheral vision, quickly straightened up, put his hands down, crossed them behind his back, blinked haphazardly, and pretended to be calm as he said, "Have you finished talking to him?"

Ren Li's heart was pounding rapidly. Suddenly, he wanted to forget that this was a game of murder, to make himself feel as if he had become a student, engaging in a naive and pure school romance with the person in front of him.