Chapter 87

Tonight, there were a lot of ghosts, densely packed together, wandering in front of the eerie cemetery. Their bluish-black skin and bright red faces incited fear.

However, since they were aimlessly roaming, they weren't actually very dangerous.

Ren Li and Pei Jingling were effortlessly slaughtering the ghosts, even appearing relaxed. If only Ren Li had a cigarette, it would be perfect.

Pei Jingling looked at the man beside him, who spoke and acted without restraint, a sweet yet helpless smile on his face, his heart softened.

He couldn’t kill the NPCs in the game, so he just followed Ren Li closely, without taking any action himself.

Ren Li smoothly withdrew his dagger from a ghost’s chest and casually asked, “Why did you kill those people?”

Pei Jingling calmly replied, “It’s a mission.”

Ren Li raised an eyebrow and gave him a sidelong glance.

“I told you I’m your other half, here to help you.” Pei Jingling gestured with his eyes toward the distant graves. “Didn’t you say there’s a problem with the magnetic field here? It’s likely caused by these ghosts. Only if I kill them can they appear at night to be killed by you.”

“This causal relationship,” Ren Li glanced over nonchalantly, “isn’t it a bit too strange?”

“Indeed,” Pei Jingling shrugged, “but that’s just how it is.”

Ren Li looked at his innocent face and, with a bit of teasing in his deep voice, said, “Shouldn’t you also say, ‘Believe it or not’?”

“Of course not,” Pei Jingling blinked, “it’s ‘You must believe me’.”

Ren Li shook his head and laughed softly, not saying anything more as he continued dealing with the ghosts.

As the sky grew darker, the wind and snow howled. The night vision of the others was significantly impaired, and with the interference from the snowfall, their attack efficiency plummeted.

Jiang Ruohai and Zhao Mingjie were killing ghosts with flashlights and long steel rods, managing a decent speed.

Lin Xiang, always cautious and reluctant to interact with others, had the clueless Lin Xiaoran following her. The two girls were avoiding the ghosts, not confronting them.

Zheng Xue and Fang Xiao were mainly dealing with the people Zheng Xue had lost control and killed during the day.

The most challenging situation was for Wan Ningman and Zhang Fengyi. Both were girls with less strength, and they had to face tall boys wielding chairs.

There was no way to hide, and their attacks were inadequate, especially in the environment where they could barely discern human shapes.

Being in the same group for the outing, Ren Li had a decent impression of Zhang Fengyi and didn’t intend to leave them to their fate.

After swiftly and decisively killing those in between them, he hurried to Wan Ningman and Zhang Fengyi’s side.

These individuals, with clear targets, were more aggressive than the ghosts.

Pei Jingling let go of Ren Li’s hand and stayed with the two girls.

The wildly swinging chair was indeed troublesome, attacking indiscriminately. Wherever it hit, it inflicted significant damage.

However, to deal with these ghosts, one had to precisely stab their hearts.

Ren Li’s face grew stern, his cold, hard features tightening, his eyes sharp as blades.