1.

Warning: This book has a sixteen age gap relationship, so if ya don't like this then don't read further.

Two Months Ago...

It ticks, his eyes held a firm gravity behind the structure of his electric blue iris.

His nose formed into a straight line and curved at the tip, it's nostrils widen slightly with the absorption ticking behind his stare, the very lips of his were tightly pressed together as the tip of his finger, trailed among the tan skin of his freshly shaved gray-haired jawline.

He was widely known in the underworld, his name was often spoken in respect, yet in an underlining fear.

With every inhale and exhale of my soft breath, silence measured across the office, the space was dimly lit.

The clock situated in the grey walls, above his head, clicks its mechanical time, whilst indicating seconds, it drifted unto minutes as we held eye contact for a long moment.

"What is it, that I am here for, old man?" I ask while chewing on the mint bubble gum. The silver paper wrapper, was reduced to a small size as I toss it into the air and back.

Achille tilt his head. "Heard you are the greatest in Italy at the works of an explorer no?"

I quirk my brow at that, the silver paper falling to the ground from my distraction. I haven't tapped into that side of myself in so long, the last I've went on an adventurer was just an hour ago, lost within the deepness of my sleep.

I promised myself that I would never do that shit ever again, I walked away from that thrill the very same day when I notice that using my recklessness as a means of forgetting was not the answer to fix my life problems.

"I thought this was about, me going on a killing spree as your assassin...by the way how the hell did you know that I was an explorer?"

My eyes slipped together into a slit at the older Don.

He let out a long sigh, bring a hand up and run his fingers through his black hair.

"You do know, I have resources at my fingertips, so with just a snap of my finger, I can gain any information I want and by the way Adam was the one that requested you."

I rolled my eyes. "That informer."

"Don't blame him bella, I am in desperate need."

I quirk both of my eyebrows up in shock to the older man's desperation, it was suffocating that I frown at the murkiness of his sadness.

"Help? Well that is new...and definitely stringing my curiosity Don man..."

I rest both of my hands on his desk, my braided hair, slips out from my back in oneness. It parted and flows around to the front of my face as I tilt my head, frowning at the man through the interlaced length of the hair strands.

From all my years of working with him, this was honestly the first I've seen him so wearied.

Which meant that, this was not an ordinary meeting.

And I didn't know what to think of it as he held my eyes in despair, sadness clouding there that I thought for a second it'd pour out rain of tears from his eyelids which was wrinkling at the sides from his age.

"I have a son..."

I frowned deeply at that because this was an astound utterance.

Honestly, I've worked for the man for at least three years and yes, I have pondered if he had children or not but it was never the burning question.

I was the very definition of mind your business.

"Does this has anything to do with the Kuznetsov?" I asked then closed my mouth as I chewed the gum.

He shook his head, his jaw clenching as he let out. "I've thought so at first, but the timing does not add up in regards to the hit we've had from those Russians fuckers and the disappearance of my son."

Three months ago, we've had a group of assassins, brute force their way into the mafia compound, with one goal in mind and that is to end the Aveni's.

Achille knew the leader and had set up a proper plan to destroy him completely, which I thought he called me in his office to tell me of, but, based on his body language and his obvious turn of conversation, I am clearly mistaken.

"Twenty years ago just at the age of nineteen, Aureliano Aveni went on a business trip to Brazil, a terrible accident happened that night, which unfortunately crashed my son's jet somewhere in the amazon jungle, I need your help in finding him. Whatever it is that you need as it regards to payment, name it and I'll do it."

Drifting my head back, I place both hands akimbo and paced to the left then to the right. My eyes steadfast on the black and grey marble tiles as I look to the floor, deep in thought.

The amazon jungle? What the fuck, I've done some deep crazy shit in my life but never have I ever decided to jump along to something as crazed as this.

"Before you say no, please think about it. I have tried everything in my power to find him, he's my only son, my only child and it would mean the world to me if I get some form of closure of his death or some sort of relief knowing that he is alive, somewhere. Just please Concenta, I need your help."

I rub a hand down my face, I was struggling to accept his request but yet still, the thought of a parent, living with this much pain after years of not knowing where his son is, was heart wrenching.

And additionally, with Achille pleading his please was something unusual that I haven't heard before from him, he was normally a commanding brute which means, once again, how much this has burden him.

Twenty years?

Thinking about it, If I was in his shoes, I'd go insane at the absence of my one and only child so...

I glanced at him, swallowing down the mint gum through my throat as his desperation speaketh to the inner part of my self that tries to understand.

Hence before I could stopped it, the words flew out of my mouth.

"Fine."

His eyes lit up for a bit, his shoulders relaxing as he breathe a long sigh of relief almost as if he was scared of what I would say.

I should have played with his emotions for a while in silence, after all, my life was now in a ball field of danger and I didn't know what the future holds which is if I'd make it out alive.

Then again, I was doing this for the sake of the thrill and the money and I'm hoping to God that when and if I find this man, it'd be worth the investigate...