42.

Arseni Kuznetsov

Don of the Russian Mafia.

No one has ever seen him. Heard, nor come in contact with his presence.

I didn't know what led my mom to get involved with such dangerous man, my mom was everything sweet, Valeria Canali.

I was always the obedient child, mischievous yes but always listened to my mother when she told me to be respectful to the persons that I see.

I admired my childhood moments, always keeping them alive to remind myself that I was not always like this.

I was not always a cold hearted killer but was once a happy child, soaking within the sweetness of a mother's love that I still missed.

No matter how far I went in life.

How far I became successful. The warmth of my mother's love will always be missed no matter where I go.

The most memorable exciting moments about my mother was when she tried baking cakes on her birthday, something she kept up as tradition even when she couldn't baked to save her life.

She'd normally told me that it's not about the taste, it's all about the heart, the love that has been poured into the cake mix...

I had never asked my mother about Arseni Kuznetsov, was curious yes but told myself that some stones were best left unturned.

That uncared behavior was turned until my mom died, ripping open a new found wound that I was still struggling with and as I lit up the blunt that was hanging from my lips, eyes locked on my brother Hades.

I wanted nothing more than to come face to face with that fucker.

"You have done well little bird, I honestly thought you were going to turn me down when I asked you to find Aureliano, I've watched you for the past three years and based on my observation with you and the older Aveni, I'd almost think your loyalty to him is unbreakable. I love it, you really do have the blood of the Kuznetsov running in your vein."

The creaking sound of the boat, rocks on the surface of the water that surrounded on either side of me along with the dark green tree branches that hanged over the river banking while smoothing each of it's leaves on the surface of the waters.

I puffed out a cloud of smoke, indulging in a thick blunt.

Something that I don't normally do seeing that I normally get high easily, it was the only suitable solution to my lack of sleep, my thoughts were thickly filled with Aureliano.

It kept me up, the coldness that he ruthlessly shared with me just seconds before I left him, left him surrounded by the dead bodies I was responsible for, I couldn't find myself to sleep.

Each time I lost myself behind the darkness of my closed eyelids, his wide jawline stood out to me, his eyes dark, cold and blue that it spreads heat and punched my heart in guilt.

I held direct eye contact, a puff of my smoke smoothly ushering towards the man who joyously thinks my betrayal is worthy enough to hold the last name that my mother have never gave me.

I now understood why she kept me away from these men, she was too good for them.

"I wonder..." I tilt my head to the side, crossing my ankle over the next while leaning my hand over the edge of the boat, my elbows almost touching the surface of the river below me.

"Brother, what is it that the Aveni's could have done to us." I spoke with mocked disgust. I wanted him to trust me and showing him just how much I hated his enemy, will loosen the questioning doubt that I know he has about me.

"It is more than hate little cестра." He gritted with his accent more prominent than the blue sky above.

"Believe it or not Concenta, Achille Aveni and Arseni Kuznetsov once had a great business relationship, this was way before you were born and as such most of their hate revolves around Achille setting eyes on a certain young Afro Latina young wife who was very forbidden for him to begin with, he tried everything in his power to get her but couldn't..."

It didn't take much for me to know that this tale was about my mother. Achille had told me that he was close friends with my mother, best friends even and would do anything just to protect me, I didn't know just how far his respect for my mother went.

"And hence, regardless of what your mother told you little bird, father wanted to build a relationship with you, he made it his point of duty to send money monthly so that it could help with you and your mother's living condition in a new country."

"Were they still together when I was born?"

"At that time no, they had gotten divorced, but father made perfectly sure that she knew of his persistence to their love. Father knew that Achille favored his wife yet still considered him a friend. The trust and loyalty that they had took a major turn when the Aveni's crossed my father down the line, it sent our organization into bankruptcy, a fall that we are still suffering from up till this very day."

I do not know how my mother got into the middle of this feud, I wanted to ask him yet at the same didn't want him to think that I agreed with finding Aureliano for a completely different reasons.

"They are money hungry bitches that only want to make it to the top in the underworld of crime lords, our job is not yet done Concenta, we need to make them bleed, make the Aveni suffer for our struggles."

"I need you to kill the Aureliano Aveni, that is the only way how we'll revive, yes? Let him weep for now until we strike again, unexpected, no?"

Not until I kill you first brother...

Smirking I tilt my head back and blew smoke, my mind still made up about my revenge and as I drift my head back down, my Afro short and curly as it swayed with the breeze...

The dark rippling water, swaying as the boat cruised, I said.

"He'll not see it coming, danger is at its wake.."

We grinned, his grin a sign of an unknown signature towards his enemy, while mine, a wild sweet revenge that I cannot wait to provoke.