9.

Moving the back of my hand across my slightly sweat forehead, I pulled the front of my shirt forward, trying to get some breeze into my frame to cool my body down from the heat that was blazing through the windows and doors as I work around the hut.

The sun was out today that I could not even count the amount of times I've drank water to eased the pressure.

Swallowing down the cool freshness of the water, I held unto the head of the broom that I was using to sweep the floor of the hut, making it my point of duty to keep my steady gaze on the sleeping Aureliano.

From his animal bite that he had gotten couple nights ago, he has been unconscious for the past five days.

I've worked my way around healing his wound, mainly using the natural healing ointments that he had stocked up in a cupboard, perfectly labeled for every sickness and wound.

A sign that led me to believe that this was a regular occurrence.

And as much as I didn't want to accept it because of the goals I had in mind to accomplish out of this mission, this man clearly has some form of love to the jungle life.

Which is a major difficulty on my part because I needed him to come back to Milan.

I needed my peace....

It was just within that 3 point add million cash that Achille holds.

Aureliano was right, if I didn't return with him, the compensation for this mission would be pointless and I wouldn't get to achieve it.

Which meant that the only way I could do that is by convincing the man that his life, his rightful ownership is back in Italy.

And not in a forest filled with dangerous animals.

Without knowing, I rub my thumb on his wide jawline, nearly brushing on his naturally pink lips. It was so tempting to touch that I almost gave in but decided against it.

Nibbling my bottom lip, I in take his facial structure.

The paleness on his face was diminishing as it turn back to its normal tan color which was because of his healing.

Sighing, I inwardly hope that he would open his eyes.

Deep within myself, I wanted to see those dark blue hues, I couldn't deny his eyes were the most exotic feature along with his low pitch tone.

I've never met a man's eyes that were so intense that I felt like it could discover my vulnerabilities, my secrets, my inner beauty, my flaws.

I didn't know if I liked it to be honest..

Breathing out a long sigh, I recheck his wound, trying to see if it needed cleaning from this morning, then returned back to my duties, cleaning the floors and washing up the dishes that I used for breakfast and dinner.

A mean it's the least I could do because based on my observation this man was everything clean and tidy.

The sun was setting as its beams flooded the wooden walls of the hut.

I honestly didn't want to missed out on it's beauty so I quickly pick up the clothes and a towel that I was going to put on after my shower, used a clean bandage along with a ointment for my knee and hop over to the front door.

Immediately squinting my eyes from the sunset, I smiled softly as the river hummed in a fast rate before me, on the other side there resides tall trees and hanging tree branches that nearly touches the surface of the river.

It was absolutely beautiful.

I stripped out of my clothes, carefully walking down the steps and shivered as the water flowed up to my chest the further I went.

I spent the rest of the evening, soaking up the sunset, taking it all in as the sun went down whilst the night drew in.

After taking a bath, I dragged my body towards the steps, climbing them carefully, making sure that I didn't hurt my knee as it was taking it's time to heal.

Sitting on the top of the stairs, addressing to my wound, I thought about Ria hoping to God that she is some how warm and protected.

Searching the dark stary skies, I prayed for her safety and made it my mission to find her whether my knee was hurting me or not starting tomorrow.

Folding my arms across my chest, I rest my shoulder on the entrance, taking in the long course of the river before me, the moonlight glinted across the rippling water as I lost my self in thought.

I frowned as the side of my hand, brush against something beside me, it hisses and I knew then and there that it was Imali.

I was still a bit suspicious about the animal but so far it hasn't gave me a reason to react in a negative way so I tried to calm myself down, watching as he rest his head on my thigh.

I cautiously lift a hand and stroke softly down on his head then skim my hand across the length of his frame, giving him comfort seeing that his owner was out for five days.

"Do you think he'll come back to Italy with me?"

I curiously said to the white snake that was now lazily laying on my thighs, Imali turn his head to me and stared at me through his blue eyes, it hisses louder than before and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't agree with you, but we'll see." I huffed then I eventually decided to head back on the inside because the time was getting cold along with the hours.

I fed Imali some fish that I founded in a wooden icebox, then pulled my hair up underneath my bonnet to prepare myself for another night rest.

I sat beside the still unconscious Don, sighing as I scan my eyes over his handsome face, he looked so peaceful that it brought a soft smile on my lips.

Proceeding to clean his wound for the night, I change his bandage to some clean ones and tried to changed his black cloth pants into another one but he was too huge and heavy for me to handle so I gave up with a heavy sigh.

I pulled the blanket up to his chin to protect him from the coldness of the night then decided to shrug on a jacket of my own to sleep in.

Making sure that he was warm and comfortable, I left the lantern lights on as I settle myself under the black fur blanket on the wooden couch.

Instantly closing my eyes, I gave into the tiredness that hangs over me, my dreams reflecting about the blue eyed male...