12.

The backdoor of the hut closes behind me, darkness stretches around my frame as I took in the area.

The black cargo pants and black leather jacket, conceals me into the night and I shivered from the coldness of the swaying trees, walking along the trail that led towards a tall opening of a cave.

I tilt my head up, staring up at the trees which stretches over into an arch above my frame.

I frowned and narrowed my eyes at the metallic structure of a black jet that was situated into the branches, the moonlight shimmering through the tree stems made the disintegrated jet stand out as I looked.

So that is what I slept on that night....

I look around the area, concluding that we were somewhere underground while I walk into the cave, following behind Aureliano who was leading up ahead.

His loud footsteps echoed across the tunnel and I lighten my movements to not alert him that I was trailing behind him.

I flatten a hand towards the stone wall to help me step over a large stone that was in the middle of the cave and nearly gasp as the instant swings of multiple bats flew over my head.

I paused for a moment with halted breath, truly convince that Aureliano would turn around but he didn't.

I press a hand to my chest to calm my pulsating heart then proceeded behind Aureliano as my sense of hearing pick up a deepness of rushing water up ahead.

It was the only noise that was battling against the quietness of the cave and I made perfectly sure to lighten my footsteps as we walked.

I didn't carry the flashlight with me because that would alert him that I was following him so I decided to use my other senses to help.

Even though it was dark, soft glows of the moonlight shone through the top of the cave and against the stony walkway, my eyes took in his posture which was muscularly thick in alertness while he walks in confident strides.

If he thought I would stay in after finding out that he was the heir of a tribe, he must be mistaken.

It seems as if these people meant a lot to him and I needed to see why.

Stumbling over a stone, I grunted as pain shot right into my knee, I looked towards my knee and withhold the strong need to curse as I gritted my teeth as multiple pulse throb there.

Quickly lifting my head up to see if Aureliano somehow heard of my struggle, I took a deep inhale as my heart pulsate in fast rushes as his large frame paused.

I settle over to the side of the cave, turn and pressed my back against the stony wall as I held my breath as he looked behind him, he narrows his eyes through the darkness as the rushes of water glided down before him, creating a soft glow over his huge body structure.

Just in that moment, I bit my lip as a insect crawled up at the back of my neck and I cursed inwardly, waiting to see if Aureliano would say something.

I prayed to the big man above that he wouldn't as the insect continued its journey on my skin.

With deep anticipation to what he would do while the insect trail down on my spine, Aureliano took one last look into the darkness then with the rushes of the waterfall before him, he walked through the fast courses, the moonlight immediately covers his body as his frame disappeared into the night.

Sighing out a breath, I bend a hand around my back, lift my shirt up along with my jacket and yank the thing off my skin.

I throw the spider to the ground, thanking God that it didn't bite me as I crush it with my boot.