13.

"You have served us well within the ranks of an authoritative warrior leader for the past nineteen years, our baskets have never run dry."

The crowd agreed.

"Danger has never weakened our defenses because of your strategies and as the chief of this tribe which has served my people for one hundred years the God in the heavens can attest to the fact that your service is commendable, the riches that we have cannot do much to pay you of your hard work but we as a people see if fit for you to lead us and I am proud to say that the tribe is with me in agreement, yeah?"

The crowd shouted and this brought on a smile on the man's face.

"Stand, son." He said and I nibble on the inner flesh of my bottom lip as Aureliano stand. I took in his immense frame that was larger than the men of the tribe, his height hovering above them as he stood before Mato.

"From this night forth, I lawfully declare you Chief Aurelo Cpachie, leader of the Cpachie tribe."

A woman dressed in the same dressed as me came up to Mato, holding a bowl in her hands. She was dark skin, with the same curly hair as Mato, her left ear held earrings as tribal tattoos went up from her right wrist up to her arm.

"Thank you Issi."

She bowed her head.

He took some of the water in his palm and allowed Issi to lit the water with fire, the water reflected a soft blue glow which he dip his finger in.

Mato motion for Aureliano to bend his frame so that he could rub it on his forehead.

"As a servant of the God of the heavens and of the earth, you will abide by the laws of our ancestors and lead this tribe to the best of your abilities..."

I blocked out Mato's voice as a door snap open behind me. I looked over my shoulder at a man who stood there, the soft glow from inside his house flooded me and I watched as his facial expression shifted from a smile to one of fear.

"Intruder!" He shouted and the night air shifted as everyone turn towards us.

The crowd gasp as I stand up from behind the garbage bin, I made sure that I hid myself from Aureliano because I didn't wanted him to know that I was here.

"Men, be prepared to fight, no matter who this person is, he might be dangerous. Do not let your guard down." The black haired man said as he walked through the crowd towards me, a group of his men strolled behind him as they came up towards where I was standing.

They were blocking Aureliano and Mato in defense so I couldn't see him anymore, the men motion for the women to go behind them as they stood before me in alertness.

I clenched both hands by my side, my eyes mapping out the thirty or so men who cautiously scan my frame.

The need to survive pumps my blood in adrenaline.

From the side of my eye, I used the soft glow coming from the light of the hut to spot out the shadow of the man who was taking his time to come up behind me.

I sense his body heat and before he attempt to attack, I evade his move by pivoting my waist around quickly to face him. I took control of his strong forearm, push his elbows upward while rotating my body away from him.

This created a series of screams into the atmosphere from the rest of crowd as they ran for shelter.

The black hair man shouted for his men to attack and I prepared my shelf as my braids curtain around my face, my eyes narrowing in anger through my flowing strands as they ran towards me.