50.

Aureliano

Pressing my lips closed underneath the surface, my eyes were the only thing above the surface of the water as we glided forward in a fast paste, the darkness thickens as ten of my men moved behind me.

Darkness blanketed our forms with thick mist covering the area, our every move against the water was precisely cautioned.

Tilting my head up a bit so that my mouth could eased out of the water, I wrapped my mouth around the blowgun, my eyes searching through the water ahead to see if any unexpected caiman was around, we as a people hunt these kind of alligators just for the sake of their hard skins.

They were dangerous species, ones that filled this area where the Russians were hiding and I steady my breath, motioning to my men with a familiarized sound with the movement of my tongue.

It echoed across the river and they replied the same, agreeing with me as I told them to pushed forward.

Normally it would took us twenty four hours to travel towards the place where Concenta was at yet, I demanded my men to pushed themselves.

I needed to find her.

Needed to make sure that she was okay.

Needed her back in my fucking arms or I'd go insane.

The thought of her fucking dying had me scrapping my teeth on the surface of the blow gun.

Listening to the croaking of the frogs and crickets that resounded throughout the night's nature, my body sunk deeper within the water while I propelled my body forward.

My determination was set as we took a shorter route. Tapping my tongue loudly in three sounds to my men, they all fell in tune as we climbed up on the large dugout boats.

This short cut that we took was a bit narrow and much deeper for us to manage hence I made the warning for the ten warriors that came with me to board the boat that we brought with us.

When we all settled into the boat, I directed it through the channel, noticing the three caimans that had circled us, one was in front while the remaining two was on either side of the boat.

Only their eyes were shown in the darkness and thick clouding mist. In quick works, I forced an exhaled through the blow gun towards the one at the front, hitting the projectile right in his head.

My men worked efficiently as they took out the remaining two and I smirked as they all high fived each other in victory.

Narrowing my eyes through the mist, I spotted the familiar dock that Amerio mentioned in the letter which was just a few minutes away as we approached it.

And just as we sailed towards it, a huge ripple rolled through the river right in that moment and swayed our boat away from the docks.

I straightened up in alertness as a loud churning, rebounded through the nights air and as we rotated the boat towards the docks, we all exited out of the canoe from the sound and ran across the wooden flooring of the dock which led out to a track with thick forest trees surrounding our frame.

"Chief!" I halted a bit as I looked to my side, noticing Xanio along with the chief of Hpajie and Adam.

"We have just arrived."

"Where's the direction of the boat." I gritted as my thoughts wandered about the worst.

"Continue straight until you see a canopy bridge, that would take you to the river boat, a direction that your commander gave me." The chief said and I nodded.

And then in seconds we all moved forward, various eyes were on me and I knew from their attentiveness that it was our warriors that were hidden in the trees and in the bushes, keeping guard just in case the Russians decided to run.