19.

Aureliano

Mato sat before me in silence, I sink key teeth into the rolling paper, tasting the weed as it calmed me slightly from the frustration I felt.

Suspense of gray smoke sweeps across the office of the hut, I used two fingers to withdrew the blunt, my lips pursing as I exhaled it, relaxing my frame from the tension that resides there.

"One of these days that thing is going to send you to your dooming death."

"Death is inevitable, one way or the other I'm going to die so if it kills me, it kills me." I smiled over at him as I began going through the incomplete documents on the desk.

He let out a long sigh. "It's been three weeks since I've declared you chief and unknown to the tribe, you have been slacking off already son. Have you gotten any news from our neighboring tribes about that intruder?"

My fingers tapped against the descriptive words that Concenta gave to me about her best friend Ria.

Concenta...

It's been three and a half weeks since I've known this woman.

I didn't know what it was but this woman had the power to break me.

She was too sensual, my thought thickens about the very presence of her.

It drifted towards the woman who was currently donning the very structure of my hut, probably worrying about her knee and finding new ways as to how she could convinced me back home.

I puff out a cloud of smoke as I thought about her black braided hair that fell towards her back seductively, her dark coffee eyes that were dreamy enough for me to delved into, they were too intense that it tugged my every interest, my every will and soul to know everything about her.

She held a slimmed thick frame with curves that were so apparent amongst each clothing that she wore, I wasn't ashamed to admit that it spoke to the very muscle between my thighs...

It wasn't even about her frame that had me. It was those sensual eyes, those gaze which shied away from my stare every time.

They showed me her every emotion, how she felt, her anger, her happiness...

I needed those eyes on me or I think I'd go crazy...

Something that amazes me were her strength, the fact that she stand on the promises that she made to my father to find me.

Which meant that she was loyal.

A trait that is so hard to find within a person in these times.

I remembered the night when I founded her sleeping in a vulnerable state on the metals of the jet that was crashed into a tree twenty years ago from my accident, it reminded me of the time when Mato saved me and I decided to do the same for her.

And what did that get me? A knife to my throat with a scar on my chin as prove to her bravery.

I unconsciously traced the scar that was slightly covered by my beard, a soft chuckled of amusement passing through my smoke lips as I puff out another round of smoke, deep in thought.

"Are you even listening to me Aureliano?"

He only used my rightful name when I was annoying him so I cleared my throat, doing him the honors of outing the blunt on the ashtray as I push back the simmering thoughts about a certain dark skinned assassin into my mind.

"I have visited the other tribes and they all have said the same thing Mato, we are the only clan that apparently experienced that chaos a few nights ago."

Mato still did not look satisfied about my answer.

"And you're one hundred percent sure that it isn't your father?"

I clenched my jaw as I thought back to the man who sent Concenta to find me.

"He wouldn't, it's been twenty years since I've gone missing Mato why would he start now?"

I looked straight into his eyes, knowing that I lied to him, I knew I could have easily told him about Concenta just so that she could get full safety and some freedom within the tribe without having to lock herself up in that hut from us but something held me back.

He nodded his head.

"How have you been, I haven't asked you how this role would have affected you son. This comes with a lot of expectations, responsibilities to live up to and relationships to build."

I smiled softly over at the worried man I've called my father for twenty years now.

"I think you've worried a bit too much about me Mato, I'll handle just fine. Remember I learnt from the best, I am not nineteen anymore."

Mato chuckled at that. "Boy were you a stubborn asshole back then."

"But you have grown and I'm very much proud of you, if you need any help you know where to find me yeah, I'll leave you to it."

I frowned as he got up from the seat shaking, he tried to mask it but I saw right through his try at concealment.

"Old man what is it?" I flew up from the seat and went over to his crouching frame, he held unto a stick which I haven't seen him used before.

"Just not feeling well. I'll toss it up to age."

I was about to call a few of the men to inform Mato daughters that I was going to take him to the doctor but he stopped me.

"Son, I'm fine. I just need a little rest, trust me."

I nodded slowly watching worriedly as he walked out of the hut with his black raven bird now on his shoulder, his hands gripping the walking stick firmly as he navigate through the bustling streets of his people who hailed him in respect.

I made sure that I watched him entered into his hut safely and I made it my point of duty to check up on him later after making sure that I set up the plans that I had in store with Amerio for the intruder if he strikes again.

Just so that he can feel the wrath of what my sword is.