56.

O N E Y E A R | L A T E R

Glancing down at the glittering engagement ring around my finger, I sighed with a soft smile as I soaked my feet deep within the water.

The darkness of the night stretches across the skies, the stars twinkles down at me as I thought back to everything that had happened over the coursed of my life.

From the life that I lived as an explorer, the death of my mother which transitioned me into an assassin, the journey that I took deep within the largest forest in the world to locate a man that I was set so determinedly to bring home, the lies that I told, the betryal...my father, brother, the friends that I made, the friends that I lost during chaos.

The man that I fell in love with and last but not least the death of a man which built our tribe to becoming one of the most influential, dangerous people to live this earth.

I have kept Mato promise.

I made it my life mission to create a strong force of women warriors that were the first women fighters to ever grace the land of the Amazon forest.

Mato's funeral was one that has gone down into the books of a landmark event, the five tribes across the Amazon forest was presented on that day along with the Aveni's family and Aureliano's mother who came in support to her husband's and son's relative.

The respect of this man was so wide that it extends the skies, seeing that he was the longest living tribal chief to have lived past a hundred years in the forest.

Still up to this day, I admired the way how they handled the funeral, it was simply beautiful the way how they buried him in their own traditional way.

His life will forever be in my heart and I was happy that I knew him personally.

Knew someone that impacted my life for the better.

Aureliano took his death hard and I made it my duty, my goal to be there for him in any way. It took a while for the tribe to go back to normal after that but my fiancé showed them the way.

I smiled as I twirl the ring around my finger, remembering the day he stunned me.

His proposal to me happened just three months ago when I was cooking dinner with the women of the tribe, we were there speaking about the movie night that we wanted to have as a family.

The tribe has a population of one thousand people and hence we were working on ways on how we could carry out our plans, when he came in with a smirk and took me away from the women respectfully and carried me to the first place where he found me.

And that was the old rusty jet that I fell asleep on, the ground was filled with blue and white orchids, it surrounded me as he knelt on one knee and pop the questioned, just then the rain fell as usual, soaking us both wet as we danced in a silent tune as I screamed yes.

It was so beautiful, so unexpected because my hair was in it's wildest messy form. I was not even dressed for the occasion.

That evening as the rain fell around us, the scent of the orchids and his dark blue eyes staring down at me, I couldn't helped but fell in love with him over again.

He was such a sweet huge brute.

A man who made sure that I lacked nothing and was protected from harm and as I blinked to come out of my thoughts, his arms surrounding around my waist as he sat behind me.

I closed my eyes softly as he spoke in a deep tone. "The tribe misses you Concenta what is it that you are hiding?"

It has been a week since I've left the hut, I was staying away because of the news that I founded out recently and as I popped open my eyes, I smiled softly at the flowing river, my heart beating quickly as I turned around to him.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered on his lips and I run my thumb on the deep dent on his right cheek. His white blonde hair was now shoulder length with his black and white beaded chain shuffling on his tatted chest.

"Are you serious?" He stuttered and I giggled as he spun me around to face him with his back settling on the ground, the ring on his finger digging into hips as he held me steady.

I couldn't helped but teased him as I rotate my waist and lower my lips to his ear. "Yesss, we're going to have our own little family, a mean I knew it was bound to happened because you have never missed a chance to fuck me daily, it's crazy."

He grunted. "That's because your pussy is my favorite place to be and I'm so happy that you blessed me Concenta..." He gripped my chin and brushed his lips over mine softly, the breeze picking up as I locked eyes with him.

The same eyes that I fell in love with first.

They were so intense that it robbed me of my breath.

"I'm forever grateful that you choose me as your man, your husband and now the father to our kids...I love you."

Pressing my lips to his softly, my eyes rolled to the back of my head as we entangled our tongues, our breaths rushing as I connected both of our chest together, our hearts thuddingly speaking of our love.

"I love you too and If God gave me a second chance to life and ask me if I wanted to live a different life, I'd boldly decline because the meaning of my very existence is you, Aureliano." I smiled along with him and squealed unexpectedly as he lift me up and throw me into the river.

It reminded me of the time when I tripped and fell into the river that night because I was scared of his fucking pet, Imali.

Lifting my head from the water, I sent a glare at the fucker but that fell away as I smiled softly, watching as he slapped his hand on his chest, his thighs widening apart as he throw his head back, his hair flowing behind him as his deep laughter resounded up into the nights air...

This is all that matters, the evident of our love.

Thank you all for reading Evident, this was a fun book to write and as such I thank everyone who commented, liked and your follows, it means a lot to me! Bless up

And just like Mato who was one of the most important character from this book, I extend his same wishes to you all and that is for you, my readers to live a life that is filled with happiness and to be humble in spite of everything!

Thank you once again!

Adios...