31.

"Am I the only one that does not like to work when I'm seeing the big red." Halisa groaned as we walked towards the clinic that the sister's work at.

In some form of apology for the state his men had inflicted on me in his basement, the permanent scar on my right cheek a reminder of that night when I fell into their trap, Mato had proposed for me to work along with his daughters to occupy my time here.

I was grateful for the distraction honestly.

"You're always making that excuse when you notice it's another Monday morning..." Issi snickered, the keys jiggling as she pushed it into the lock to unlocked the double doors of the tribe clinic.

I laugh as Halisa groaned while pinching her forehead.

"Because I'm dreading the amount of paper work and patients we'll be seeing today, not to mention interacting with that bitch Bly- oops..."

Halisa glanced at me innocently and I smiled. "I promised, your secret is safe with me."

Bright natural lights flooded through the ceiling to floor wooden windows as I went in, the window was positioned to my left side with a wooden long couch resided before it.

Just behind the window, it showcased a downslope with the rushes of the river flowing below it.

It was beautiful.

To my right side, a reception desk was there with a hectic amount of paper on the table, a chuckled left me when Halisa drop her forehead on a huge stack while groaning.

A three way intersection was before me which led to different sections of the clinic.

The wooden walls and floors were neatly built and very clean, I gaze around the small but somehow large room feeling impressed.

"You don't understand Concenta, that woman is a insincere woman. Take it from someone who grew with her as friends." Issi said while preparing the place for the patients.

"Why would she come here though?" I didn't say much about her dislike about the woman because I've had my fair and share with people who were two-faced.

But I can agree that this woman...Bly, gave off an energy that my inner girl could not wrapped with.

"She's not new to the tribe but now that she will become the wife of a very influential male figure, it's one of her responsibilities as leader to get involve with how we work with things around here, see that each goals are reached, provide us with funds for equipment's which are nature base."

"Seeing that we do not use technology, every tribe within the Amazon forest creates natural equipment's and ointments that helps with every issue. She has to make sure that these are met and must help at least once a week with us so that she can get to know each patients personally." Halisa muffled voice spoke up from behind the papers she was holding to her face.

Bly didn't seem liked the type of woman to do that but who am I to judge, she might look uptight yet have a sweet spot...

Everyone had a bad side and a good side to them.

Who knows, Aureliano might change her for the better.

Then again, you cant change a person unless they want to change.

"This is something that every wife of a Chief must do in support to the tribe."

I hummed as I thought about their words.

During the rest of the day, a long line of people showed up to the clinic. Each care that was given was free of charged and was strictly financed by the Chief.

I was thankful that I had some medical experience and could sighed in relief for once, without having to wonder if my degree was useless, I now felt proud of myself.

My studies did not go in vain.

Both Issi and I worked together as medical practitioners, attending to each patients who came in with either a high blood pressure or a child who had a bug bite.

At first I thought they would turn me down based on how they reacted towards me when I was caught, but once again, I was proved wrong when they began apologizing and thanked me for contributing to their tribe.

They were such great people and it made it hard for me to hate them.

I tried not to be an unforgiving person because that would only caused me my own happiness.

As I finish attending to a warrior, I sent him a smile as he amiably thanked me and left the room where Issi placed me in to help lessen the crowd.

"Is that your last patient?" Issi came in.

"Yes and I am hungry..." I whine as I tap my growling stomach.

Issi grinned. "Well you and your growling tummy has to wait for now, a patient just came in after she fainted in her home, she struggles with diabetes according to her file. I do not know if that is the caused of her fainting, so if it's no trouble, I'm sending her in."

I agreed and after she left, a huge tall hulk of a man came into the room, Amerio supported the elder woman in who struggled to walk and I smiled as he greeted me with one of his own.

"I was not expecting you to be here." Deep tone vibrated against the room walls.

His hair was up in a man bun, his chest bare while he donned in a grey color cloth pants.

"I am very talented hulk, you'd not even know."

Dark hair thickens around his wide jawline and I bit my lip, my fingers twitches as I ache softly to trace it.

He grunted. "Stop giving me ideas, sweetheart."

Ignoring him with my cheeks warming, I spoke with the elderly woman and just like Issi words, she fainted because of her low blood pressure.

After taking care of her by giving her some plant-based insulin to recover, I encouraged her to eat regular meals seeing that she told me the time period as to when she ate on a everyday basis. Which was very few.

She thanked me whole heartedly and during our talk, I avoided Amerio who was leaning on the walls of the room, gazing at us in quietness.

One or two time, I shift my eyes over to him, warming underneath his heavy stare which tried to forced it's way below the strong resistance I tried to build.