29.

"What makes you say that?" I broke the eye contact from the pretty heartbreaker and stared up at Amerio as he held me close.

"Just that you have the attention of every man here, you should give yourself credit sweetheart, there is no force more powerful than a woman like yourself who is beautifully suave."

I shivered as my eyes defenselessly landed back to Aureliano, his wide jawline a dangerous dynamism as it clenches, his anger an obvious passion that It didn't miss the watchful eyes of Mato.

He needed to stop. If he didn't, he would only give Mato more reason to agree with his intention that I was here to caused chaos among his people.

To avoid his watchfulness, I turn around in his arms, the commander's chest a large layer as I wrap a hand around his chest. The changed in the music drew couples together and I laughed as Amerio said.

"I'm just hoping you do not have two left foot and you'll be able to keep up with me."

He chuckled as I spun around to the back of his body, my hand still around his chest.

"Don't play with me, I'm going to make you eat back those words."

I gasped as he took my other hand then pulled me around to his front again, I drifted to the side as he held my hand, my skirt sways from that, I widen my legs apart and anticipated his next move as he pulls me towards him. We laughed as he grips my leg as I lift my body up, one of my leg now over his shoulder while the other was underneath his arms.

He held unto both of my hands to hold me firm. "See what I mean..." He chuckled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes playfully while the crowd surrounded us as they cheered.

As we moved in tune to the fast tempo composition, I bend my body over, my head drifted to the ground in an upside down position, I flip over from the position, his hands still on mine as I landed before him, I held his rare colored eyes as he drew me close, our chest pressed together as we danced in circles, both of our hands moved on each other's waist while the other intertwined in a firmed hold.

After a couple minutes of laughing and talking, the music slowed then. And I blew out a breath as we stop.

The crowd clapped and we both bowed then drifted back to the table where I was sitting earlier with Issi and Halisa.

"You were awesome, damn...." Amerio shoulder length hair was messy as he folded his arms across his chest.

"I need you to teach me a few of those steps."

My feet were dirty from our intense dance and I honestly loved the freeness it brought as my chest moved up and down from my heavy breathing.

"I charged by the seconds hulk, are you able to pay me?" I took the water he poured me and drank it in one go.

He pressed his lips to my ear and chuckled. "I do not know what you have going on with Aureliano but his glare is strong enough to pierced my dearest heart."

He held his chest and brush away fake tears from his eyes. I shook my head at his extraneity.

"I have nothing going on with your leader." I scoffed.

"Okay...I'll believe you."

I hummed.

"For now." He laughed as I send him a glare.

Just in that moment, a loud horn rebounded through the night air, I looked over to Mato who stood up from the table, Hunter sitting on his shoulder as the crowd quite down.

"I am expressing my gratitude towards everyone who turn out tonight. This night is very important to the tribe, it holds the futuristic movement of our people and the blessings it will bring when this couple joined together."

I kept my eyes down as Mato glances at the couple with softness in his eyes. I tried to hide my face from Aureliano who was still sinking his gaze into the side of my face, it left a crack in my heart as the crowd rejoiced.

"This night is a testament of our agreement as Bly Hpajie and Aurelo Cpachie joined forces together in marriage, togetherness in harmony, in love..."

I gasped from that word, love... the tears that were brimming slowly behind my eyes, began to fall as I without care, stared down at my intertwine fingers.

The ground shook as the crowd yelled their agreements, my eyes blurred and heartbreakingly reflects an orange glow from the corner of my senses as they flew fire into the night skies.

Each sobs were muffled over the loud noised of the music, it gripped my lungs and I clenched the skin where my heart was beating swiftly. The area was stifling to my current state so I kick the chair back, ignoring Amerio as he called out to me.

I ran with tears.

It slid down my cheeks.

I ran with stumbling knees as my every memory thought about he who is engaged.

He who is the man that I wanted still.

I couldn't stick around and watched them together acting as if I was fine with it.

I fucking wasn't.

With my back now slammed on the walls of the clinic, the skies still glittering with fire.

I rest my head back on the surface, my bottom lips trembling as I cried.

I never once cried over a man but here I was, deep in the dark, shedding tears over the man that I truly thought I'd convinced to return home so that I could get money.

That changed the moment he showed a little bit of himself to me...

I hated him for doing so...

He was worse than alcohol against wound.

A true representation of danger.

I felt arms surrounding me after I encouraged myself, I snap my eyes open with the expectation that it would be him but when I turn around, I was met with Amerio's rare eyes, his lips pressing on my forehead as he hugged me close.

"Let it all out, sweetheart..."