44.

Aureliano

My fingers walked across the strap of her bag, each item within the space reminding me of her, the scent from her rushes through my face as I held it closer towards me.

I'm really a fucking fool aren't I?

I grunted and toss her bag underneath my desk, the bag she left behind, the bag she brought with her on this mission to bring me back to Italy.

Twenty four hours later and I was trying my very best not to let her scent whispered away.

Rubbing my hands down my face, I puff out a frustrated breath and held unto the pen, I had a meeting with Issi and a few women earlier who came to me about a therapy program that they wanted to start for families who have lost a loved one during the war that Concenta and the Russians created.

It was a great idea and to be honest anything as it regards to my people being happy, I'd do so.

Mental health is very important.

Never again will I ever turn my back on them.

I pinched my nose as the scent from her bag, told me otherwise..

Signing my signature on the documents to show my agreement, I spent a few hours working while in between attending to Imali who had been keeping me company, keeping me on the line of sanity as I struggled with thinking about her and what we had.

Tossing my pen down, I decided to checked up on Mato, the thoughts that I had and her scent was getting to me the longer I stayed here.

Locking the door behind me, I hailed in greetings to the tribal women that were coming from the river with their baths on their heads, their washed clothes within the large container and I helped them, aiding them with the carrying while conversing with their every questions and compliment about my looks.

I could see the hurt behind their eyes from what happened, most of them lost their husbands and spouses, brothers and sons because of this and it pained me, I felt like I failed them and I was supportive and happy that I was on board with Issi about the program.

"Chief?" I turned towards the warrior who came to me.

"Yes?"

"The Hpajie warriors are here." I nodded then after respectfully aiding an elderly woman towards the clinic where Issi was currently at, I went towards the square, noticing the two hundred men and their head of warrior standing there along with Bly who was talking with them.

Second to us, the Hpajie tribe held one of the largest groups of warriors in the Amazon river but since our last battle, our group were down to fifty men, making our defenses weaker than it was.

These tribes were not used to guns, artillery nor bombs, their way of fighting included combats, arrows and their natural senses that they used to hunt wild animals for dinner.

I was grateful that the Hpajie tribe still came to help with our current situation even when they didn't have to, I owed them my huge respect and I knew Mato felt the same.

"Ugly mother fucker, it's been so long." Xanio smirked as I came up to him. We did our weird handshake then indulged in one of our bro hugs as we slapped each other on the back.

"I see you're still the same selfish bastard, how's the wife?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him, enjoying the anger that came up on his face from my suggestion.

"I said it before and I'm going to say it again, keep your eyes off my woman and focus on the desperate bitch that is drooling on you from behind."

I glanced over my shoulder and scoffed at the dog who was preying on a poor unaware chicken.