Amelia - Stronger?

This is shameful, embarrassing even. I look weak. Taking cover in the back of an alleyway, but at least I'm not at the show of Alastor, or anyone for that matter.

So just let me free.

I tightened my smile, "No, this whole ordeal is because of you." I tell it.

I simply can't help myself! The temptation of freedom is so strong... this is the perfect opportunity! Hell could be ours.

"No. As tempting as that sounds, I'd prefer not to be a tool at your disposal." I respond as I make my attempt at standing back up. But I fail my attempt landing back on the ground.

I'm growing tired of this. The same old thing, you know the longer you contain me, I'll only make it harder for yourself. Until-

"No. You will stay there forever long want you to." I order it, as the pain only makes me more tempted. But I resist, clutching my head in my hand.

I'm a part of you. I'm your darkest desire. And you can't get rid of me, no matter how hard you try. Sometime soon, you'll learn to accept that.

I only tighten my smile as I make one last comment, "I refuse." with that, the pain starts to reside, but not before I hear a familiar voice.

"And who are you talking to, dear?" They asked. The static seemed higher, Alastor.

I grabbed my microphone and used it as support as I pulled myself up to face him. I can't let him see me like this. Improvise, now. I dusted off my coat as I made eye contact with him, that strange feeling again. 

I cleared my throat, wanting to sound more presentable, "It's nothing of importance." I reply as I start to make my way out of the alley.

Footsteps followed me. He's not leaving. My smile tightens. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up. "Well, it certainly was important enough to leave the hotel in such a rush and head off to the back of an alley!" He said as he joined my side. He was smiling in a smug way.

You're not digging into this, Alastor. I don't have the time for you to pester me about such things.

I don't really have a lot of leverage here, but even so, I made my defense, "As I said before, it's nothing of importance."

His smile widened as he continued to walk by my side, "Oh? But you seemed so helpless. As much as I'm entertained, I can't help but be intrigued! So, do you mind telling me," He grabbed my arm, making me stop, as I was immediately angered by the touch. As he stepped in front of me, his eyes became radio dials. With a voice full of static, he asked, "Who were you talking to?"

My eyes trailed back to his hand. I hate being touched. I can't tolerate it. Too much pain. Too many memories. Memories that I tend to push back until I forget. "I'll say this only once." My antlers started to grow larger and sharper, as did my claws. Musical notes started to pour from my eyes, just a little bit. "Let. Go."

With clear hesitation, Alastor returned to his regular self, letting go of me, as did I. "I was just curious, dear. You tempt my curiosity," his smile widened in a... seductive way? What am I thinking?! This must be the result of the Terror playing tricks... He continued, "That's dangerous."

I moved to the side to continue walking as Alastor did the same beside me. "I could say the same thing, Radio Demon. There's so much I don't know; figuring you out would be quite the treat!" I admit, my smile becoming a regular close-lipped one.

"Hm, you never answered my question," You both continued to walk but made eye contact during the conversation.

Showing slight interest in what it was, I asked, "And what would that be?"

"Why did you come here? I know very well a demon such as yourself wouldn't indulge in such affairs without a reason." I stopped to the question as Alastor followed. We locked eyes.

Well played. There was no escaping this question. Playing defense for too long is risky, especially for a demon like Alastor. As for a side note, I'm too weak in my current state to put any threats on the table. Hm. I might have to play this out of my comfort zone...

I stepped up to Alastor, my grin still plastered on, as I was only inches away from his face. As I lifted his chin towards me, seeing as I was only slightly taller than him. As I pulled his face close to mine, and leaned my ears back a bit.

Getting closer, I whispered into his ear, "I want to see the look of devastation in her eyes when everything she's ever worked for fails here. I want to see her fall downwards into the grave of misery she's built herself." I started to lose myself to the darkness within, the Terror, as it spoke the last part. "Lucifer owes me."

I let go of Alastor as I gave myself control again. Slightly ashamed of myself for letting it slip from my gasp for a second there. But I quickly discarded the thought for the pure look of surprise on Alastor's face, a second of fear at my words. I saw something I'd never seen on Alastor's face, something I thought I'd never see. His smile actually faltered... 

Satisfied, I widened my smile as he stared at me, too speechless to say anything as I teleported away, leaving Alastor with his thoughts. I was back, back at the hotel, in my room. I looked around, scanning the area. No one's here. Good. 

Immediately, I collapsed into the covers of my bed. "Whenever that thing tries to escape, it makes it harder and harder for me to keep my composure. It's weakening, trying to keep it contained." I mutter to myself, turning my head to face a bookshelf in my room.

It is right though. How long can I keep this up? How long until I don't have to strength to keep him contained? How long until... I lose it all again? With those final thoughts, I felt my eyes start to close until I felt too weak to keep myself from falling asleep anymore and gave in.

---------------

Oh, well fuck me. I am starting to lose a bit of inspiration, but I'm loyal. SO I WON'T QUIT. Know that I try to keep up with the updates on this book! And I feel so bad about how long it took me with the whole Valentine's Day shit. So, I've been trying to release some chapters earlier. But I do try to write at the very most every five days. Thank you, all my supporters; by the way, it really helps!