Alastor - What do you Mean?

I left the shop, going out the door, not focusing on anything. Not anything other than just fixing my bowtie a bit. As if a demon was daring to cross my path, I scoffed at the thought. But as if it were on cue, I bumped into someone and stumbled back a bit. Without even taking the time to realize who stood before me, my eyes became radio dials, and my appearance started becoming more demonic by the millisecond.

"Well, my apologies, Alastor." The voice spoke, a sweet tone, one I'd been accustomed to, Amelia.

Quickly, I returned to my regular look, "Sorry, dear. I didn't notice you there!" I exclaimed before looking at her more suspiciously. "Quite the convince to see you."

Amelia seemed to take notice as she said, "Hm, perhaps, but I think," she placed her microphone down in place, "You have bigger matters." she finished, gesturing over at the large set of TV screens displayed.

But not at the TVs, no, instead, what was on the TVs. Or maybe a matter of who, that being Vox, and what he was doing. Singing? About me? Took him long enough; I should be surprised he didn't notice me earlier. Hm, how about...we make up for that?

My smile widened a bit as I left Amelia, "Until next time, Amelia," that's the only thing I said before teleporting back to the radio station that lay in the hotel.

From the open windows, I could see Vox making his announcement to all of Hell. I smiled bigger; some fun is in store.

I took my microphone, turning it on so that Hell wouldn't miss my latest broadcast.

♪ Salutations! 

♪ Good to be back on air 

♪ Yes, I know it's been a while since someone with style treated Hell to a broadcast 

♪ Sinners, rejoice! 

Vox cut into my line, trying to shoot down everything I put up.

♪ What a dated voice! 

Two can play that game. I thought to myself as I cut back in.

♪ Instead of a clout-chasing mediocre video podcast  

Vox angerily disagreed, "COME ON!" as I continued.

♪ Is Vox insecure, pursuing allure? 

♪ Flitting between this fad and that 

♪ Is nothing working? 

Vox continued his pitiful attempts at battling me, "IGNORE HIS CHIRPING!" as I interrupted.

♪ Every day, he's got a new format 

Vox persisted, "YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE FUTURE!" finally making an effort to join in the song, he continued.

♪ He's the shit that comes before that 

I continued for my part; this would be over before he knew it.

♪ Is Vox as strong as he purports? 

♪ Or is it based on his support? 

♪ He'd be powerless without the other Vees 

Vox said, "OH PLEASE!" his attempts becoming less and less vital. But, before I could start, I heard or felt it. The arrival of a new guest, a new broadcast, and the sound of a new and beautiful new voice, Amelia.

♪ And here's the sugar on the cream 

♪ He asked me to join his team 

♪ I said no, and now he's pissy 

♪ That's the tea 

There was a slight moment of silence, filled with utter surprise. Her appearance in the song was so random, but it was more of what she had said than what she did. I grinned, there's so much to you I wish I knew. But soon, that'll change; just wait. 

Vox continued with the rest of the song, or I should call them insults, "You old-timey PRICK! I'll show y-you suffering!" he started to glitch on his own words. I used this to my advantage.

♪ Uh, no, the TV is buffering 

Vox, unable to control his anger, started to glitch more, overloading his circuits, the signal going in and out. "I'LL DESTROY YOOUUUUUU-YOU LI-TTT-TLLLE-" Just as those words left his mouth, his screen and voice crashed, involuntarily overloading every device, causing them to go out.

My radio station, luckily, remains intact, not connected to whatever it's called these days. Commenting on this, I said, "I'm afraid you've lost your signal." I sang the last lyrics, slowly revealing my proper demon form with every lyric.

♪ Let's begin 

♪ I'm gonna make you wish that I stayed gone 

I placed my microphone down, allowing myself more space, as I continued.

♪ Tune on in 

♪ When I'm done 

♪ Your status quo will know it's race is run 

♪ Oh, this will be fun 

I made one last laugh, sounding sadistic, before cutting off Vox's connection. I returned to my regular form, taking my microphone back into my grip. Right as the sound of slow but steady clapping came from behind.

I turned around to meet Amelia's gaze and her slow claps as she congratulated me, "Wonderful song, couldn't help but join in myself."

I nodded as I walked towards her, standing at her side, "Yes, indeed, my pleasure. But..." I thought to myself about how to continue my question for a while before deciding to shrug it off, "Never mind."

Amelia stared at me suspiciously before shrugging it off, "As you say," she eyed me one last time before continuing, "Well, Charlie asked that you meet our newest guest at the hotel. But before that," she summoned her microphone, as I took a light mental note of that. 

Her smile remained the same, as took her microphone and slammed it into my chest. Not hard enough to cause any damage, but enough to cause me pain, definitely. I winced just a little bit, my smile tightening at the pain, as low sounds of static escaped my mouth.

She continued with her words, sounding more vile and poisonous, "Where did you put it?"I looked at her, slightly confused about what 'it' was.

I crocked my head a bit, "I don't believe-" she nailed into my crest more with the microphone, causing my smile to tighten and my eyes to twitch in annoyance.

She repeated, her voice as venomous as before, "Where?". It wasn't long before I realized what she was referring to; I can afford to play the long game longer. Letting her have her fun, well... it's only on my consent, and my consent only.

I continued to look at her, the look of confusion in my eyes, "Dear, I don't think I know what you're referring to."

Her eyes darkened, annoyed with my act, as she asked"If I need to be more specific, where are my folders?"