Amelia - Old Memory?

My eyes shot open in fear before I could recognize my surroundings, "Right, hell." I reminded myself as I sat up, placing my hand on my head, making sure to plaster on my smile.

After a while, I sighed, going to bed and into the bathroom. In the bathroom, I stared at my reflection; I looked horrid. Looking at myself, the painful memories of the nightmare I had came back to me. 

I widened my eyes in remembrance as tears started to fall on my face. "I'm sorry, I swear, I'm sorry, Emily. I'm so sorry...I...." I kept mumbling out 'sorry' as tears fell out of control.

I looked back at my reflection as my smile faltered. Just then, my reflection smirked at me; no, not now. 

You look... pathetic. Yes, I believe-

My previous sadness turned into a ball of hatred; without thinking, I threw my fist at the mirror, which shattered across the ground. The Terror always chooses the worst times to appear. I stared at the ground for a bit before I sighed. This has to get cleaned. With that thought, I placed on the best smile I could do and snapped my fingers.

The shattered pieces of mirror disappeared as I leaned down and got another mirror from the cabinet and placed it where the old one once was. With that, I decided I needed a shower just to relax and think for a little.

I stripped myself of my clothing and let the hot water roll down my scars. Emily. I wish... I wish I could have done something. Something to help you. I'm sorry.

- Flashback -

I glanced around to make sure absolutely no one was watching or to make sure one certain person, to be more exact, my father. Everything looked fine, so with that, I climbed out my window on hopped onto the tree. Climbing down the tree, I smiled excitedly, expecting to see my best friend, Emily. 

But to my surprise, she wasn't there. I discarded the bad thoughts and made my way around the house. Maybe she's waiting somewhere else tonight? I continued to walk until I stopped, gasping in horror. There was Emily, tears running down her cheeks, with muffled cries. And next to her, my father, his hand over her mouth, holding a gun on her head.

"Dad! Let her go!" I screamed, scared to death and on the verge of tears.

He scoffed, "You know the rules very well. FRIENDS are a liability; they'll make you weak. And it seems," He smiled, as more muffled cries came from Emily as he continued, "That you need to learn the hard way."

I knew what he was going to do, the way he looked at me, the angry smile he gave me. My gaze fell towards Emily, and there, just for a second, I swear I heard her say one last thing to me. "Don't cry, you think I'd want to see my lifelong best friend cry? Please, smile, smile for me?"

Then, gunshot. Emily's eyes rolled back as my father left her lifeless body on the ground. "Maybe that'll do you some good." That was all he said before he walked away, and the front door slammed closed.

- End of Flashback -

I turned the water off; I need to stop thinking about...her. With that final thought, I exited the shower and snapped my fingers as my usual outfit popped on. 

I left the bathroom and walked to the door outside my room right before I stopped. "Maybe...I should just wait. They can survive a morning without me." I convinced myself as I headed for the door to my balcony.

With the flick of my wrist, the doors fled open as I walked over, leaning on the railing, my head in my hands. As the sound of a voice caught my attention, "Why hello, darling!" the static that escaped his mouth made it very clear who it was: the Radio Demon.