Alastor - Folders?

The same mantra played in my head as I stood there, completely paralyzed: What?! It wasn't long until my shadow appeared beside me, "I told you, that dark aura, she's dangerous."

I snapped out of my trance. I narrowed my eyes, admitting, "That may be so," I looked off into the streets of hell; everyone was still afraid. My gaze returned to my shadow as I finished, "But that doesn't mean she doesn't have a weakness. I just have to find it."

With those words, my shadow disappeared as I walked ahead, making my way to the hotel. On my way, I started to recall what exactly happened. My hand seemed to make its way up to my chin; she touched me. And I...don't mind? There was something, a warmness perhaps? Yes, something... I didn't want to let go...

I pondered my thoughts in pure confusion before completely dismissing the idea altogether. It wasn't very long until I'd made my way to my destination, the hotel. Opened the doors to see nothing, well, except for Husk. It was getting dark.

I went to the bar, sitting on one of the stools. Husk didn't seem to care as he continued to wipe down another bottle. I sighed, smiling straight, "Drink if you will, Husker."

Husk's eyes widened in surprise; as he turned to get a bottle, he asked, "What's the shit this time, Al? You don't tend to get drinks very much unless you're shittin' me right now." He turned back around, with a bottle in hand, as he grabbed a glass.

Keeping my posture intact, I responded, "No, I don't believe so; something is just on my mind..." he raised his eyebrow in suspicion as he poured the glass.

He slid it down towards me, and I caught it in my hand. He stared at me momentarily before speaking, "I may be wrong, but it's that Amelia girl, right?"

I stared down at my drink, swirling it around in my hand before taking a gulp. Letting the burning sensation go down my throat. As I finished, I answered Husk, "Amelia. There's just something about her. Something she's hiding. Something else too..." I stopped wondering whether or not to continue, but what's the harm? "This feeling. I've never felt it before; it's...I don't know if there's really I way I can describe such of feeling. But it's Amelia; she causes it, I know that much."

I put my glass down, and Husk pours me another drink; as I take the glass, Husk laughs? I take a sip before looking at him suspiciously. "For such a powerful demon, you sure are pretty dense." I stare at him, drinking my glass, waiting for him to explain further. "That feeling, it's love, ya' dipshit."

I put my drink down before I spit it out, love? Me? Love? Amelia? Perhaps he's just a bit drunk. Amelia...me? No. No, no, no. I get out of my seat, and I tell him, "Husk, I think you've drank a bit too much.". And with that, I made my way to the stairs and the hallway where my room was located.

I stood for a second, staring, but not at my door. The door that sat next to mine, Amelia's. I reached her door knob, and a sense of calmness hit me. It's gone. Her aura doesn't seem as dark anymore, just the usual darkness. Unlike...recent events.

Curiosity overwhelmed my being as I decided to go in. What's the harm? I thought to myself as I touched the doorknob, welcoming myself inside. I closed the door carefully as I turned to see The Music Demon sleeping soundly. She looks so peaceful. So,...harmless. I almost find it...cute. No, stop. What am I thinking?

I shook off the feeling as I started snooping around. The colors of her room were shaded with pink, along with her bed. There was a bookshelf to the side, lined with books that topped the shelves, and beside it laid a desk. The desk didn't seem to hold many items, just a folder organizer filled with, well, folders.

On the other side of the room, there was a dresser full of clothes, as I'd presume. And on the other wall next to it was a long mirror. Then there was the bathroom door, which every room had. Next to the bookshelf, on the opposite side of the room, was the door to the balcony outside. Time to search.

I was careful about the amount of noise I made, trying not to wake Amelia. But it became very clear that she would not wake up, no matter how loud I was. First, it was the bookshelf, which only contained regular books. Stories from her time were my best guess, and the desk drawers only held meaningless notes and scribbles. Her dresser was nothing but different clothes, some I fancied...

But I stopped myself, continuing to look around. Then I checked the bathroom; there was a little box with a small display of bracelets, necklaces, and more jewelry. In the cabinets...mirrors? They actually seem more like mirror replacements. But why? It was such a small matter I discarded the thoughts. 

Outside, on the balcony, there was nothing. Just a small table with a set of two chairs, nothing more. That's when I returned to the room; where are you hiding everything? I sighed as I sat down in the chair of the desk. What are you hiding? I placed my arms on my lap before looking at the folder again.

Something in my head just clicked the folders. How could I forget to check that? I reached out, grabbing them all. I couldn't quite count all the folders; there was a lot more than what I would have preferred. I placed it all down on the desk; they seem to be in alphabetical order hm. I started with the first one, A.

Opening the folder, I widened my eyes in surprise; my name is here. Not only was my name listed, but all my information too. By all my information, I mean all my information. I wasn't the only one.

Quickly, I shut the folder; sorry, dear, but there's no way I'd let you have this. Sneaky little one, aren't you? With those last thoughts, I snapped my fingers as the folders disappeared. As I exited, I looked back at Amelia with a close-lipped smile.

"Goodnight, dear." And with that, I shut the door and walked off to the red interior of my room. Sitting at my table, I snapped my fingers as the folders appeared. I sighed, "This is going to be a long night, isn't it?"