Alastor - Secrets?

I'm not sure how I brought myself to do this. There was just this feeling, the feeling of sadness and compassion, for Amelia, of all demons. My memory traced back to that one night, Husk's words, "That feeling, it's love, ya' dipshit."

Is that really true? I questioned as I looked up to see Amelia sitting down on the ground of the alleyway. Her smile looked more pained and forced, and I felt that feeling again. Maybe.

I approached her, not even knowing what I should say. I reached out, but I decided touching her probably wasn't the best choice. Shit, Alastor. I came out here, not even knowing what I was thinking. Coming to Amelia as if I could do something. I looked back down at her eyes. I can try.

Before I could say anything, Amelia popped herself back up, doing the usual theatrics. "Why hello! I wasn't expecting you, Alastor! Wonderful to see you; I believe it's been a while since we've been alone together, don't you agree?"

I nodded; there was no way she would trick me out of this. "Amelia-" I started, but she continued ranting.

"I believe the last time didn't end very well. Did I ever tell you that your performance on the radio was marvelous? Vox did have that coming." She continued as she summoned her microphone.

"Yes, but Amelia-" I was once more interrupted; this isn't very lady-like.

"And perhaps we should perform together once more, yes? I quite enjoyed our performance on Valentine's Day. Though I don't fancy that day, I enjoyed our little fiasco. I never knew you knew such a song." She said, her tone slightly softening, a light pink dusting her face.

I ignored that, for now, as I tried to get through to her, "Amelia-" but she kept ranting.

"I think it's been a while; perhaps we should go back, yes?" She asked; without turning around to hear my response, she headed towards the lift.

Before I grabbed her hand and turned her around, "Amelia!" I nearly yelled in annoyance; her antics were getting annoying. Her face, the pain that she felt was clear. And it hurt. "Are you okay?" I asked, and that was a bit too straightforward.

Amelia took her hand back and hesitantly answered, "Of course, Alastor, let's just head back." her beautiful voice had softened.

I was finally breaking through her first impression of The Music Demon's personality to the true Amelia. My smile widened. I knew she was lying, of course. But just for that moment, I saw something. Something I'd never seen in her eyes before: happiness.

We headed towards the lift, as we entered, and headed back up. I gazed outside before Amelia asked me, "Alastor, have you ever wondered why we looked so alike?" her tone was back to its usual sound as she looked at me.

"All the time, dear! Perhaps it's just a coincidence." I suspected, shrugging it off.

But she mumbled something disapproving of my suspicion, "Or maybe it's something more than that..."

I turned my head back to face her, the radio static leaving my mouth, becoming slightly louder. As the lift's doors opened, Velvette walked by just as we walked out.

"Kiss my ass!" She yelled as she walked out of the doors and into the other lift, giving me a slight side eye.

How unrespectful. She should learn manners sometimes.

Just then, there were some loud comments as the rest of the overlords walked out of the doors. I walked through the crowd, making it in front of the meeting doors. Losing Amelia along the way, she'll be fine. I told myself as I glanced in, seeing Zestial, Carmella, and her daughters still in the room. Interesting.

Just then, an Egg Boi walked out of the doors hm. He might be useful. I summoned my microphone, using it to stop him. "You, little egg creature. I have a job for you."

The thing looked up, and noticing who it was, he jumped to the command, "Oh. Yes, boss!"

"Follow them," I instructed as it saluted me and followed them to another room.

I watched it walk off before returning to the lift and down the alleyway. There was no one there except for the noise of someone digging through the trash. My ear flickered as I turned around, walking toward the trash. I looked around and saw nothing. 

Just as I was about to disregard it, one of those egg creatures popped out. "Hi, boss!" It announced as it jumped out of the garbage. "We were having such a time! There was trash, leftover parts, that Amylia lady talking about stuff and more trash!" It summarized.

"Hm," I said, they were disgusting and pathetic. Completely useless; that's when something clicked. Amelia? ...........Of course! I didn't arrive until later on, which means that Amelia must have spilled something while I wasn't there...and the egg creatures must have heard it! I turned to face the creature, "You said Amelia, what was she saying?"

"Oh, that! She was complaining, 'I need to calm myself down,' and this Emily person and how she always said to smile," It started, so there is another reason she smiles. "And how she needs to worry about 'The Terror' and how it's the whole reason for all this stuff. And she was all like, 'No. Begging is not going to help you. What happened last time? I don't plan for that to happen again.' and 'What do you mean, 'spin-off'?'. She was having this whole conversation with herself! And then you came, boss! And you were all like..."

My mind trailed off, not paying any more attention to the creature's story. The Terror. Such a simplistic name, but I can't help but feel this pull towards it. It's not like the weird remembrance feeling I got from Amelia. No, this feeling was weaker, something not as noticeable. But something it wasn't a good feeling either. Like a warning in the back of my mind telling me to forget about the name. There has to be some information.

Amelia must know. It's in those files; I know it. Important information is written there, something that the rest of Hell and Heaven itself doesn't even know. The dark secrets of everyone's hearts they'll all be in there somehow Amelia knows them all. I would have known them, too; I would have known everything.

Unfortunately, that night, I searched through the files, but I could not find anything. All the pages were written. Label by label, I managed to read those, but the text was indecipherable. Written in a language unknown to me, but somehow, just somehow. My eyes were able to read the labels, but the thing is, I'd never seen such things written in my life. Not that I can remember anyway...