Amelia - Escape Attempt?

After Alastor left Amelia to fight Vox...

My anger against Vox seemed to cool down a bit when Alastor finally made his comeback. But it still seems... he could use a little talking to, maybe? Perhaps he needs a reminder about who owns him? I grinned at the thoughts, I decided to save that entertainment for later on, as I snapped my fingers, teleporting somewhere other than the hotel, my home.

My house was quite large compared to Hell's; it consisted of three stories, although it's not like I needed so much space. The thing I loved was the fact that it was so closed off from the rest of Hell. Only certain demons knew of its location, but they knew better than to mess with me or anything I processed. 

I snapped once more, appearing in my room rather than the exterior of my own house. I took steady steps with my microphone, opening the glass doors to my balcony. I pressed a button on my microphone as I decided to make my special appearance at the little 'show.'

♪ And here's the sugar on the cream

♪ He asked me to join his team

♪ I said no, and now he's pissy

♪ That's the tea

I grinned; the utter silence and surprise from both sides felt terrific. I turned off my microphone as I stared at it momentarily before tears rolled down my face. Alastor and Vox fighting did not prove as entertaining as I hoped, not entertaining enough to take my mind off this morning. And the memories that came with it...

♪ For a while there, it was rough 

♪ But lately, I've been doing better 

♪ Then, the last four cold Decembers, I recall 

♪ And I see my family every month 

As I sang the lyric, I summoned an orb that reflected my mother's current whereabouts. As she was drinking a cup of coffee while writing in a notebook, a smile gracing her face, as she sat in heaven. I gave a small smile at the image, more genuine than fake. I closed my fist as it disappeared, and I continued the lyrics.

♪ I found a friend I truly love 

♪ She'll come and stay the night 

♪ And I think I might have it all 

♪ And I thank God every day 

♪ For the friend He sent my way 

As the lyrics left my mouth, I gestured across my balcony as the entire landscape changed into an illusion I created. It showed like a slideshow, showing some of the happiest memories I had with Emily whenever she sneaked over at night. I watched and sang, and my smile became less fake.

♪ But I know the things He gives me 

♪ He can take away 

♪ And I hug you every night 

♪ And that's a feeling I wanna get used to 

♪ But there's no girl as terrified 

♪ As the girl who stands to lose you 

My illusion faded into dust, becoming more distant as tears started to fall again. I reached my hand out, only for the memories to fade away before I could reach them. Tears started to fall faster, as a new illusion appeared, one of Emily... and my father. The one before she died, illusions of her face covered in tears and inaudible cries.