Amelia - A Meeting?

BONUS!!! Alright, bitches! I felt bad for being unable to publish in awhile, with my leg and all. SOOOOOO, I'm giving ya'll and extra chapter, enjoy!

--------------------

Carmella started us off, walking to the head of the table, "Welcome, sovereign overlords. I've invited you all here because you represent the controlling powers of our city. Together, you own millions of souls. Souls at risk with the new schedule." Smashing her fist on the table, she continued, "We need to discuss what can be done to minimize the impact on our interest."

Zestial seemed to be late, but who am I to judge? After all, Zestial was one of the most powerful amounts of us overlords, but compared to me? Nothing but gum on my shoe, but I'm not one to be cocky. As powerful as I am, being cocky will always leave you astray.

I discarded my thoughts as I was getting off subject, and Carmella greeted the overlord, "Zestial, so good to see you, my friend."

Ah, yes. Old friends, I remember this from my files. Zestial, one of the oldest overlords in all of Hell and still alive today, met Carmella at the earliest of her beginnings. When she arrived in Hell with her daughters, she was at her weakest point. Despite this, Zestial took a chance on her, helping her become what she is today—causing this strong bond between the two. She practically owes her life to him, including her daughters.

Zestial, seeming as calm as ever, summoned a cup of tea and a saucer, "Enchanted as always, Camella." He complimented as Carmella's attention seemed to change direction.

"Alastor?" She questioned his presence suspiciously; I smirked just a little.

He seemed proud of himself for such little attention, saying, "Yes, I know I've been absent some time. I'm sure you've all been wondering!"

Wondering? Why, I already knew. Dear Alastor, I know your secret. Something that ever escaped the mouth of anyone, well, they wouldn't last very long at all. This little secret was as vital as it was embarrassing, at least in my opinion. Oh, Alastor, the things you get tangled into.

Camella, disinterested in fueling up Alastor's pride, answered, "...Not really. But welcome back in any case."

Alastor's pride deflated as he narrowed his eyes in Carmella's general direction.

Carmella continued on the subject in conversation with us, "This year's Extermination was brutal, far more even than years past. We have assessed that about 16% of the population was lost," a slide projected behind her, giving a visual, "With the angelic legions now returning twice as quickly, I think it prudent we-"

Carmella gets interrupted by a strong British accent that arrives, walking through the door on the phone, "Yes, I've got it handled. Are you doubting me? Really? Me? That's what I thought." She laughed and continued, "Yes, I know. They're all a joke." She laughed once more, "Thank you, V. See you soon. Kisses, darling." She hung up, taking a seat on the opposite end of Carmella.

Velvette. Hm. I remember her. She's... I wondered momentarily, trying to remember who she was, when something in my mind clicked. She's Vox's teammate, and I wonder if Vox ran his mouth and told her about me. I shot a glance at Velvette as we made eye contact for a second. She looked at me wearily before shrugging it off. Guess not.

Carmella acknowledged her sudden presence, "Nice of you to join us, Velvette. Will your... colleagues be joining?"

Velvette maintained her rude persona as she replied, "No, they have better shit to do than to listen to an old windbag who thinks she's tough shit. I'm here to represent."

So it seems that neither Vox nor Valentino will be joining us today. Interesting. I wonder what the reason is. I believe I already know...

Carmella wasn't used to or okay with the type of behavior that Velvette was displaying. "Charming. So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-" She silenced herself as Velvette raised her hand in the air like we were in a classroom, "Yes?" She asked.